Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Chloe0622
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Found 4G In Orlando Area

I am still getting the very slow and weak 3G at my house in the Hunt Club area northwest of Orlando. However, I was at my sister-in-laws house near I-4 and SR-434 last evening. I pulled out my phone to check something and noticed the 4G icon on at the top of the display was lit. I knew Sprint has the Orlando area scheduled for 4G-LTE soon but still, I was surprised. I ran through a few speed tests and while the speed varied quite a bit it was still so much better than 3G. Hopefully Sprint will finish updating the rest of the area soon.

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

Default Re: Found 4G In Orlando Area

I was in Orlando for ten days over Christmas and it was hands down, the WORST SPRINT connection I have ever experienced. Slower than dial up. I couldn't get anything done. My son and husband have the sg2 and they had it better than me with my SG3.

<< Sent from my SG3 using Tapatalk >>

Check the Sensorly coverage map for the most current updates. I have had LTE since around November. I was at Disney today and also had it there.

Nice! I've been seeing it around Jacksonville for a little while now. I am hoping they can keep it going :P

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jrmitchell72 View Post
    Check the Sensorly coverage map for the most current updates. I have had LTE since around November. I was at Disney today and also had it there.

From looking at this map it appears that they were driving down major roads since the coverages shown follow the roads closely. There is very little detail away from major roads.

Quote Originally Posted by walterwood44 View Post
    From looking at this map it appears that they were driving down major roads since the coverages shown follow the roads closely. There is very little detail away from major roads.
    Make sure to use Sensorly yourself to contribute 4G areas you find. There is a contribute button in the app. It will help map it for others .

jrmitchell72 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by walterwood44 View Post
    Yes, you are correct. This is all user generated. I did most of the mapping in my area. I do not have the time to drive down every residential street to map. However, I think Sensorly has some sort of interpolation happening to fill in the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    Make sure to use Sensorly yourself to contribute 4G areas you find. There is a contribute button in the app. It will help map it for others .

Yes, if you want more detail...you can always get out there and contribute! But a word of caution, Sensorly will drain your battery very quick.

I live near 434 and I-4 and haven't seen 4G yet anywhere in Orlando. Not saying the original poster didn't, just haven't seen it myself.

ROM
    3.0.31-329968

I live a few blocks from Seaworld and have the worst reception, in my honest opinion Sprint F!@#$%^ Sucks. The worst carrier on the planet!

Quote Originally Posted by ssweet97 View Post
    I live a few blocks from Seaworld and have the worst reception, in my honest opinion Sprint F!@#$%^ Sucks. The worst carrier on the planet!
    You have other options .

Quote Originally Posted by caelon View Post
    I live near 434 and I-4 and haven't seen 4G yet anywhere in Orlando. Not saying the original poster didn't, just haven't seen it myself.
    I went to use my phone yesterday and noticed that it said 4G. I only had enough time to show my husband before it was back to 3G so not sure about the speeds. I was on 436 about a mile and a half from 434 towards Apopka/Forest City.
    manolo0007 likes this.

4G icon pops up near WDW on the 192 between Sherberth Road and the 27.

Tht iz corrct. I live around tht area, apopka/forest city n always pick up lte around tht area. D/L speeds iv gotten as much as 30 down n 9.5 up. But usually around the 20down n 4.5up