Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By meyerweb
  • 1 Post By mak916
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Default Anyone else using Unity Launcher...since Sprint ripped us off??

I bought ($1.99) Unity Launcher...I like it...once I figured out WHERE to put it so it didn't mess with my keyboard...oh and I figured out its easier to ADD apps then to MOVE them...a few days ago I made the mistake of watching a YouTube video of the Premium Suite...and EVEN THOUGH I'm running 4.1.2...FOR SOME REASON its NOT the REAL 4.1.2
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else using Unity Launcher...since Sprint ripped us off??

On my Boat Browser

Sent from my GS3 w/JB

How did sprint rip us off?

Anyway, I bought it, didn't like it, refunded it, still have the backup of the free and paid version in rom toolbox just in case I wanna try it again in the future for some reason

Been using swapps, much better

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.2.2, because cyanogen mod is for Android noobs
    Android is a tune up sports car with custom interior, sound system, and IOS is a stock model benz

I use Android, because unlike IOS, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not infinitely cluttered homescreens
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Well, since i have no computer, I cant root so i have to wait around for oficial updates. Not that I mind so much anymore...and Sprint realesed their OWN version of 4.1.2 sans Premium Suite
    Sent from my GS3 w/JB

4.1.2 and Premium Suite are two different things. 4.1.2 is a version of the Android OS which is available on many phones, not just Samsung. Premium Suite is a set of Samsung extensions. In at least some overseas markets Premium Suite was included with the 4.1.2 update, but it's not, technically, part of 4.1.2.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by 2:
    mcaples and Golfdriver97 like this.

The leak for the Verizon version of 4.1.2 does not have Premium Suite also. So it looks like we are not the only ones who are not getting it.
    Thanked by:
    mcaples likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Ok...well thank you guys for clearing all that up...I had thought they were BOTH one AND the SAME...HA!!!
    as long as Sprint users are NOT alone...misery loves company HAHA!!!!!!!
    Sent from my GS3 w/JB

Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    The leak for the Verizon version of 4.1.2 does not have Premium Suite also. So it looks like we are not the only ones who are not getting it.
    My suspicion is that Sprint (and probably Verizon) aren't rolling out Premium Suite on the GS3 in order to entice people to upgrade to the Note2 or GS4.

To the OP's question, I downloaded the free version of Unity and am playing around with it. Right now, I keep forgetting it's there, but once I get used to it I think I'll like it a lot. What does the paid version give you over the free one?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

Not much...just color options/setting options...kinda a waist...but I bought it with my old VZW Dinc2 (disconnecting soon)...then loaded it on my S3...I am hoping for an upgrade to the app so I can change the icons...I have a bunch of ADW minimalistic themes (diff. colors) that i love...so Unity is THERE but out of the way
    Sent from my GS3 w/JB

The MA6 upgrade was a Samsung upgrade to 4.1.2, not a Sprint upgrade, and did not include the Premium Suite. Since 4.2 for the S3 is being released in Europe, I suspect Sprint will skip any other upgrades and, instead, release 4.2 for the S3 in a month or so, including the Premium Suite.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

Global Posts
    13,864 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

It's my guess that Samsung may not even release 4.2 until the Galaxy S4 is released. The same thing happened with Galaxy S2 to be updated to ICS after the S3 release.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    637 Global Posts

I love my S3...its the first smart phone I owned that I really dont much care what OS I am running...I know I may be just a newbie (the word noob is a civilian term) to Android...and I'm not up on the whole root/ROM stuff...but I love my phone as is...with Holo Launcher/Locker...