1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Play Music and Samsung Music Player always stop playing, Pandora doesn't work

Everyday at work, Play Music stops working after listening for a while when I have my headphones in... Then I try using Samsung Music Player, then that stops even more quick... Cleared cache, data, etc. Also when these apps freeze, my phone decides to restart itself, then works for a while until it decides to stop again and repeat the reboot process... Also, Pandora doesn't work, tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still nothing. Does anyone know if there's a problem with my phone and if I should go to ed Sprint? (Not rooted)

Default Re: Play Music and Samsung Music Player always stop playing, Pandora doesn't work

I never knew Sprint's first name was Ed.

Seriously, though, before going back to Sprint I'd look at what other apps you have installed. Any battery saver or task manager type apps? Have you changed any of the developer options? What other types of configuration changes have you made (if any)?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Play Music and Samsung Music Player always stop playing, Pandora doesn't work

Sorry I meant to say ed lol but no I don't have any apps like those installed or change any developer settings... And now I just realized my phone is operating 4.1.1... Isn't it on 4.1.2 now? I could swear it is and was on my phone...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

4.1.2 is being rolled out by Sprint, but gradually, so you might not have received the update yet.

The first thing Sprint will attempt is a factory reset, so you might as well try that first. Back up what you can, make sure all your contacts, calendars, etc. are either backed up with Kies or synced to Google or other server service, and make sure that on restart the phone doesn't automatically reinstall all the apps.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

Mine is doing the same thing, and Pandora isn't working either, which is weird because it worked the first time when I installed it the other day.
    Slacker won't load either.

Pandora seems to be working now but I'm still losing sound when using either play music or rocketplayer. Song counter continues but there is no sound. Anyone?
    BTW JohnnyRanz my phone was on 4.1.2 also, when I bought it, a week later was on 4.1.1, I got the official update 2 weeks ago.