Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cracked my screen

I cracked my screen yesterday sad yes. I called Samsung and they will replace the screen it will cost $175, My question if I send it to them should I go back to unrooted stock and use triangle away to reset my flash count to 0 before doing so? They said they are going to flash my phone when it is there and I'll get it back with a clean OS install. But still should I take those steps and go back to stock rooted and reset that count?

Default Re: Cracked my screen

My thought is that it can't hurt to return to stock. That eliminates any chance they'll refuse to repair it because it's been "modified."
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    My thought is that it can't hurt to return to stock. That eliminates any chance they'll refuse to repair it because it's been "modified."
    That was my thought even though they said not to sent the back or battery. Will probably return to stock and use triangle away.

I dont think it would matter anyways because a screen replacement is an out of warranty repair anyways.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums
    Current phone im using: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by coinmanmat View Post
    I dont think it would matter anyways because a screen replacement is an out of warranty repair anyways.
    Probably true, but you never can tell when they (Samsung repair) might decide to get pissy about it.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3