Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Default INT'L S3 Getting 4.2.1 "soon"- How long till we get it?!

So the international S3's are getting JB 4.2.1 soon. How long do you think till we get it?

PS- Told ya'll they might just skip the "Premium Suite" update and incorporate it in 4.2

Default Re: INT'L S3 Getting 4.2.1 "soon"- How long till we get it?!

The answer is the same as the answer to the two dozen posters who asked the same questions about 4.1.2, and 4.1.1: No one here really knows. The original linked article says Samsung is still testing it. Until they've finished testing it, even they don't know when it will roll out. And then add in the carrier testing, and "when" is anyone's guess. Most people haven't even gotten 4.1.2 yet.

And there's no guarantee Sprint will include the Premium Suite features in 4.2, either. The rest of the world got them in 4.1.2. My bet is Sprint never puts Premium Suite onto the S3, reserving it for the S4 and Note.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    The answer is the same as the answer to the two dozen posters who asked the same questions about 4.1.2, and 4.1.1: No one here really knows. The original linked article says Samsung is still testing it. Until they've finished testing it, even they don't know when it will roll out. And then add in the carrier testing, and "when" is anyone's guess. Most people haven't even gotten 4.1.2 yet.

And there's no guarantee Sprint will include the Premium Suite features in 4.2, either. The rest of the world got them in 4.1.2. My bet is Sprint never puts Premium Suite onto the S3, reserving it for the S4 and Note.
    Are you freakin serious... I will be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    Yeah he is serious :P

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I'm sure he's pretty serious.
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Yeah, I'm serious. I'm just guessing of course, but Sprint's got to give us all a reason to upgrade to their latest and greatest, and more expensive, phones, and lock us in for 2 more years.

But don't frown. The GS3 is really easy to root, and there are already 4.1.2 based ROMs with P.S. included.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Yeah, I'm serious. I'm just guessing of course, but Sprint's got to give us all a reason to upgrade to their latest and greatest, and more expensive, phones, and lock us in for 2 more years.

But don't frown. The GS3 is really easy to root, and there are already 4.1.2 based ROMs with P.S. included.
    Well I'm on a 4.2.2 ROM already so it's all good I guess hahaa
    Retired Ambassador

Well I'm on a 4.2.2 ROM already so it's all good I guess hahaa
    But does it have any of the premium features?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkape60 View Post
    But does it have any of the premium features?
    This is how I look at it: I'm way ahead of the game for now, and while sure, I don't have any of the premium suite features I'm still on 4.2.2 and it's smooth as hell. And then once the official 4.2 hits our phones I will just switch to that and then boom I"ll be right where I am now, except I'll also have the premium suite features in addition!

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Which ROMS?
    Did I help you at all? Return the favor by giving me a "thanks"
    LG Rumor -> LG Rumor Touch -> LG Optimus S (Cyanogenmod 7.2 on 2.3.5) -> Samsung Galaxy S3 (MK3 Barebones on 4.3) -> LG Nexus 5 (Carbon Nightlies on 4.4.2)

Look in the rooting section of the forum.

Look in the rooting section of the forum.
    What good is having a GS3 if all you're going to do is stick an AOSP rom on it and lose the features that makes it a GS3?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    What good is having a GS3 if all you're going to do is stick an AOSP rom on it and lose the features that makes it a GS3?

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    The only thing I actually use is the Direct Call feature which my AOSP ROM has smart stay, smart rotation, etc are all just gimmicks IMO. Half of the time they don't even work. And S-Beam is useful I guess.... but there's still always Android Beam too, so it doesn't really matter at all if you think about it lol.

The only thing I actually use is the Direct Call feature which my AOSP ROM has smart stay, smart rotation, etc are all just gimmicks IMO. Half of the time they don't even work. And S-Beam is useful I guess.... but there's still always Android Beam too, so it doesn't really matter at all if you think about it lol.
    Pop up video, swipe for screen shots, voice control for apps always works.

I love being able to say "snooze" and have my phone listen to me in the morning. That always works.

If I didn't want that, I would have never gotten a Galaxy S3, I'd probably have a droid DNA or one x or some other overrated phone

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Honestly how often do you pop up video? I've had this phone since July and I honestly have used it less than 5 times lol. The whole part of an alarm for me is that it actually wakes me up, if I say snooze I'd just fall back asleep cuz I'm just that lazy lol. And voice control for apps meaning....?

Honestly how often do you pop up video? I've had this phone since July and I honestly have used it less than 5 times lol. The whole part of an alarm for me is that it actually wakes me up, if I say snooze I'd just fall back asleep cuz I'm just that lazy lol. And voice control for apps meaning....?
    I use it quite often. Nice feature that should be on all phones.

And snooze only works for however many times or minutes you set it for, after that limit is gone its time to wake up

Voice control for apps meaning saying cheese, shoot, or capture to take a picture with the camera, saying play, next, previous, volume up, volume down, and pause to control the music player (I live this when washing dishes and my hands are all wet, very useful).

17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I use it quite often. Nice feature that should be on all phones.

And snooze only works for however many times or minutes you set it for, after that limit is gone its time to wake up

Voice control for apps meaning saying cheese, shoot, or capture to take a picture with the camera, saying play, next, previous, volume up, volume down, and pause to control the music player (I live this when washing dishes and my hands are all wet, very useful).

I guess to each his own then lol. I never used any of that, I'm not that lazy where I can't just click a button to take a picture..