Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By lyingfromyou
  • 1 Post By TimmyTwo2
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hide, lock pictures?

So we all have private things. My phone is mine, most people DON'T touch it, is there a way to hide or lock albums in my gallery so no one but me can get to or view them?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid Smooth 4.2.2/Lean

Default Re: Hide, lock pictures?

You may or may not be able to do that using the stock firmware, But you can set up a pin or pattern lock for your screen... That will keep em' out of the whole thing.
    Ry likes this.

There are apps that can hide pictures as well as other things, this one is fairly good->
    rando991 likes this.

Privacy Gallery works well:

It disguises itself as a clock app, so no one looking at your phone will notice an app called "privacy" or "hide it" or anything like that.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah I do have a pattern lock on it, not worried about that. But people like my parents and girlfriend occasionally will say "lemme see your phone". Whatever causes that curiosity I'm not so sure, maybe it's because I keep my personal possessions so guarded and private. But anyways thanks for the app suggestions I'll give them both a look.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I'll be honest with you the best thing I did was I loaded all off my private stuff on drop box..I can access those pics anytime I want by using drop box on my phone..I set a lock so that too pull it up you have to know my pin..if you go into my gallery on my phone there is nothing but clean photos..I don't even keep a lock on my phone any more.

Sent from my amazing HTC
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Might sound dumb but I don't use cloud services like that, is dropbox free?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcrdude64 View Post
    Might sound dumb but I don't use cloud services like that, is dropbox free?

Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Yes...I got like 25 GB free..it's a great way to go..drop box from my research has the best options and you can load videos or pics, documents, etc..I even loaded up allot of stuff on my computer also..now I don't worry about my computer or phone

Sent from my amazing HTC

I recommend "MediaVault"-->

best one in the game is audio manager. when u open the app it looks like the media manager but u can hide ur pics video and other things the best one i seen so far

Problem with apps is allot of times someone can uninstall the app and then your files or pics are left on the phone..

Sent from my amazing HTC

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Problem with apps is allot of times someone can uninstall the app and then your files or pics are left on the phone..
    With MediaVault they remain but they stay encrypted until you reinstall the App & re-enter the password. Works great.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    With MediaVault they remain but they stay encrypted until you reinstall the App & re-enter the password. Works great.
    Ok...I'm going to try that..you've recommended some pretty good apps in the past I've been happy with. Thanks

Sent from my amazing HTC
    Thanked by:
    Lanhoj 

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    You can still delete them manually.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

You can also just use ASTRO...and put the images in a folder that is automatically hidden from sight.

Example: folder called 'personal'...change to '.personal'

Just make sure to make these folders visible within ASTRO.
    Retired Ambassador

There is an app on the play store called app lock. You can set it up to put a pin or password on any app. Including the gallery.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif

I would highly suggest Gallery Lock. There is also a pro version of it. I have used it for as long as I can remember. It has the option to hide the icon, where you can only access the app by dailing a code that you choose within the dailer. App is constantly improved, and developer responds very quickly if there are any issues. Again, highly recommend.