MB1 update is rolling out

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
MA6 included the new voicemail and 3 digit sms support. I suppose MB1 might have an even newer voicemail...

I got the new Voicemail update independently of the MB1 update a day or so ago, and even when the MB1 update aborted I got the Google Settings app anyway. I guess I'll have to wait for the rooted version.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I got the new Voicemail update independently of the MB1 update a day or so ago, and even when the MB1 update aborted I got the Google Settings app anyway. I guess I'll have to wait for the rooted version.

Google settings has nothing to do with MB1. It was a quiet update from Google.

samgamgee84

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I used an OTA/root keeper app to try it out since I am stock rooted and got the update notification. After temp unroot I started the install but when the phone rebooted it went into my Team Awesome recovery. Then I restarted the system and it seemed to just boot normally. However, now I no longer get the update notification even though it still says I'm on MA6, android version 4.1.2. I checked and I do have the best face feature in camera and option to add message tones to individual contacts, but honestly I don't remember if those were there before or not. Any ideas if it actually updated or not?

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I used an OTA/root keeper app to try it out since I am stock rooted and got the update notification. After temp unroot I started the install but when the phone rebooted it went into my Team Awesome recovery. Then I restarted the system and it seemed to just boot normally. However, now I no longer get the update notification even though it still says I'm on MA6, android version 4.1.2. I checked and I do have the best face feature in camera and option to add message tones to individual contacts, but honestly I don't remember if those were there before or not. Any ideas if it actually updated or not?

I doubt it. Look at the baseband. MA6 no. MB1 yes.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Rapunzl

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I allowed the update, and upon reboot, it still needed a system update. When I rebooted again, I was at MB1! It doesn't fail with stock root & stock recovery.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I allowed the update, and upon reboot, it still needed a system update. When I rebooted again, I was at MB1! It doesn't fail with stock root & stock recovery.

Yes and now you are probably unrooted. Make sure you look at your build number to see if it actually says mb1.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes and now you are probably unrooted. Make sure you look at your build number to see if it actually says mb1.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guyz... Don't be afraid to update and lose root. It takes 5 minutes to re-root and custom recovery. No biggie.

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded M6 and M1 and my phone is still over-heating. Should I factory reset the phone?

Ugh :( Its non-rooted, are there ways I can back up things without being rooted?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The Carbon backup app should take care of you.

But remember that if your contacts, calendar and email are synced to some external source (Gmail, google calendar, outlook, etc.) they'll get reloaded automatically, as will your apps. And you can copy content on the internal and external SD cards to a PC.

Texts and application settings will not be restored, however, unless you back them up separately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge