Battery Savers; useful or waste?

kodybrannon

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I have read mixed reviews about items like Juice defender and other battery apps. Was just wondering if there was a consensus of opinion? I have downloaded juice defender, but after 1 days it looks like it has cost me some battery instead of saving it.

Ara98

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, all apps like that are just bull , I recommend that you root your device and download the SetCpu app, once you've done that make a schedule every time lock your phone it will lower the frequency and close apps.

DoesItMatter

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have not found them to be that useful.

1) they can interfere with you receiving messages / notifications
2) its just another application taking up battery usage

#1 is very important for me because I get work pages sent to my phone so I can't have delays on those

You'd be better off making sure your phone is rooted, then de-bloat all the sprint/samsung stuff you never use

Also - I'm running Agat's 0.4.0 Kernel from XDA forums - VERY VERY good kernel - good battery, good phone responsiveness.

For the most part - battery saver apps = BLEAGH

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have not found them to be that useful.

1) they can interfere with you receiving messages / notifications
2) its just another application taking up battery usage

#1 is very important for me because I get work pages sent to my phone so I can't have delays on those

You'd be better off making sure your phone is rooted, then de-bloat all the sprint/samsung stuff you never use

Also - I'm running Agat's 0.4.0 Kernel from XDA forums - VERY VERY good kernel - good battery, good phone responsiveness.

For the most part - battery saver apps = BLEAGH

I agree with this. Most people use these battery saving apps and they don't care that it kills notofications or syncs. If that doesn't bother you then go ahead and use them.. It will help some when that is off.

But if your like doesitmatter or me I buy a smartphone to have all that functionality. I like notifications and emails right when I get them to show right up on my phone. I also like the things I have syncing to stay in sync. Sure it drains battery more but idc... Just means I'll have to plug it in here and there... But if I use a saving app it would kill all of this.

So I agree with them being bleh.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

kodybrannon

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I am not knowledgeable enough, but from what I have read, trying to Root my phone scares me, i am afraid I will do somthing to screw it up and have a $500 paper weight.

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am not knowledgeable enough, but from what I have read, trying to Root my phone scares me, i am afraid I will do somthing to screw it up and have a $500 paper weight.

It really isn't anything to be scared about. Just make sure you know what you are doing and read read and reread if you are unsure. Just follow the steps in spunks guide here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii-rooting-roms-hacks/203615-guide-updated-how-root-your-sprint-galaxy-s3.html and you should be fine. Took me about 30 minutes to root my phone the first time. Now I can go from running a custom rom back fully stock to stock rooted in less then 30 minutes.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site

Link please?

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
IMO, battery savers like Juice Defender end up wasting more battery then they claim to save. I think you'd be better off using SetCPU and underlocking the phone when the screen's off.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've tried several of these so-called battery savers, even paid for one. Yet, I haven't noticed any difference with or without them. So...I no longer have any of them on my phone nor on my tablet.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I've tried several of these so-called battery savers, even paid for one. Yet, I haven't noticed any difference with or without them. So...I no longer have any of them on my phone nor on my tablet.

These guys are all correct and giving out great information. Battery said apps are complete junk and for the most part cause more harm than good.

Rooting the gs3 is very safe if you follow a few simple rules. Especially if you are going to be flashing ROM's and such.

If you want to root so you can use apps like titanium backup and set cpu it is pretty darn safe.

Where people get into trouble is when they start flashing ROM's and changing system files that they know nothing about. If you don't flash things and never install a root file explorer. Your phone will be just as safe as it was stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech