Your Way to Update to MB1

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry this took so long. Had a little emergency out of town...

This will be the way to manually update your phone if you are:

Rooted or Unrooted - Stock Rom with all needed bloatware and Stock recovery. Note: You must be current and have MA6 on your phone before using the update file.

Download the following update zip and place it on your external sd. Go to settings/security and make sure unknown sources is unchecked. This may be unnecessary.

Shut off phone. Press volume up, power and home button at the same time. As soon as you see a flash, let go of the buttons. This will put you in stock recovery. Using the volume bar to select and power button to activate, select update from external storage. Choose the file you previously put there. Push your power button. Your update will begin.

Update zip is here.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
[NOTE]This method will bring you up to date no matter which version you are on.[/NOTE]

If you are Rooted and have custom recovery this is for you.

This is the Full Stock MB1 Pre-Rooted in a zip file. You would flash these files like you would any other ROM. The Rom and firmware (radio) are 2 separate zips.
Please thank freeza in his xda thread.

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

Odexed MB1 Zip

Deodexed MB1 Zip

MB1 Firmware/Baseband/Modem zip

Last edited:

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... Heard a lot of disappointment about this MA6/MB1 Update... Just ran quadrant and got the highest score I ever have. Getting a score over 6k has been a consistent thing on this phone but... Heh?
I'm happy.

uploadfromtaptalk1362121751416.jpg

Sent From My SPH-L710 VIA Subspace

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... Heard a lot of disappointment about this MA6/MB1 Update... Just ran quadrant and got the highest score I ever have. Getting a score over 6k has been a consistent thing on this phone but... Heh?
I'm happy.

View attachment 61866

Quadrant benchmark tells little to nothing about the speed or smoothness of a ROM or phone.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Quadrant benchmark tells little to nothing about the speed or smoothness of a ROM or phone.

Your missing the point... Comparetavly... Same phone... Same tests my SPH-L710 is seemingly running faster.
Having mumbled that... Time to go freeze that useless app! :rolleyes:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Your missing the point... Comparetavly... Same phone... Same tests my SPH-L710 is seemingly running faster.
Having mumbled that... Time to go freeze that useless app! :rolleyes:

You can run the benchmark 10x in a row and get scores ranging from 5000-6100.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Quick question.. I know to make a backup before flashing, but can I delete the .zip files for MA6,or would it be better to keep them on my phone?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Quick question.. I know to make a backup before flashing, but can I delete the .zip files for MA6,or would it be better to keep them on my phone?

You can delete them. If you ever need them again they'll be here or you can copy them to your computer.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Stupid question: I'm running WS v2.1. I want to stay on this ROM because it is awesome! Is MB1 compatible with it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Stupid question: I'm running WS v2.1. I want to stay on this ROM because it is awesome! Is MB1 compatible with it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

You can flash the modem/firmware. But you would have to wait for dazednconfused to update the ROM to mb1. Which he isn't planning to do at this point.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
This update I followed your instructions and didn't try a dirty flash, and now my phone is starting from scratch. I see my apps are all downloading, so I am going to let it sit for a while. My question is do I use Titanium to restore it to the way I had it, and how do I use it, I did backups on Google and on the external SD card, or do I just go on, and my purchased apps and phone blockers will set up?

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
This update I followed your instructions and didn't try a dirty flash, and now my phone is starting from scratch. I see my apps are all downloading, so I am going to let it sit for a while. My question is do I use Titanium to restore it to the way I had it, and how do I use it, I did backups on Google and on the external SD card, or do I just go on, and my purchased apps and phone blockers will set up?

I don't know for sure how Google does it now. The last time I used it, it only loaded the apps. I still had to do the setup myself. But I haven't used the Google backup in probably a year.

If you have the paid version of titanium and made backups, just restore app and data. It will restore your previous setup in most cases.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
To just do an update i can just use the firmware/baseband/modem.zip without having to flash the odexed or deodexed zips? Because i don't want to lose my apps and have to install and all. Though its not that hard its just more work. Im new to this whole deal. Ive used older devices like the Hero and never had to do this

This is the Full Stock MB1 Pre-Rooted in a zip file. You would flash these files like you would any other ROM. The Rom and firmware (radio) are 2 separate zips.

3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

Odexed MB1 Zip

Deodexed MB1 Zip

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Had to do that on my N7. Most settings will restore it self and most if not all apps will restore as well. Some apps support a restore from Google, some dont so I'll wait or just restore them. your choosing

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

Odexed MB1 Zip

Deodexed MB1 Zip

Thanks for the work you do for us Skunk! I like waiting for your instructions. the XDA posts assume a certain level of proficiency with flashing updates and ROMS, but your instructions are clear and non ambiguous for the most of us. As long as I know you plan to put out the update link, I can wait.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I did the dirty flash (wipe everything but factory reset) like I always do and had no probs so far...

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you just use the odex.zip or the baseband/modem zip?

The baseband only updates the modem. If that is all you want to do, you probably don't need to wipe anything.

The odex and deodexed are the roms. You can choose which one is best for you. If you like to keep things stock, flash the odexed. If you want to flash mods you are best served by flashing the deodexed, as many mods require it.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure how Google does it now. The last time I used it, it only loaded the apps. I still had to do the setup myself. But I haven't used the Google backup in probably a year.

If you have the paid version of titanium and made backups, just restore app and data. It will restore your previous setup in most cases.
Everything went well, customizing my screens now, I had to restore my contacts separately for some reason, but Titanium is worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek