Your Way to Update to MB1

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming when i flash the rom i'm going to lose everything
The baseband only updates the modem. If that is all you want to do, you probably don't need to wipe anything.

The odex and deodexed are the roms. You can choose which one is best for you. If you like to keep things stock, flash the odexed. If you want to flash mods you are best served by flashing the deodexed, as many mods require it.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming when i flash the rom i'm going to lose everything

If you just wipe dalvik and cache you won't lose anything. The only way your going to lose anything is by wiping data/factory reset. Not wiping data is called dirty flashing. To tell the truth, I do it all the time with probably a 95% success rate.

I

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much Skunkape! And i plan on dirty flashing anyways. Normally I don't run stock roms but got tried of custom roms
If you just wipe dalvik and cache you won't lose anything. The only way your going to lose anything is by wiping data/factory reset. Not wiping data is called dirty flashing. To tell the truth, I do it all the time with probably a 95% success rate.

I

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I am stock rooted.

Downloaded the baseband/firmware zip file.

Flashed it but my baseband is MB1 but build number is still MA6

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am stock rooted.

Downloaded the baseband/firmware zip file.

Flashed it but my baseband is MB1 but build number is still MA6

Baseband/firmware is only the modem. You have to flash both of the files to get fully updated. Did you read?

The build# will not change until you finish both parts of the update. You have to download and flash either the odexed or deodexed ROM to update the build#

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

Odexed MB1 Zip

Deodexed MB1 Zip

MB1 Firmware/Baseband/Modem zip

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Baseband/firmware is only the modem. You have to flash both of the files to get fully updated. Did you read?

The build# will not change until you finish both parts of the update. You have to download and flash either the odexed or deodexed ROM to update the build#

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

Odexed MB1 Zip

Deodexed MB1 Zip

MB1 Firmware/Baseband/Modem zip

I figured it was like MA6.

I just flashed the firmware and not the rom, didn't want to lose anything or take a chance.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I figured it was like MA6.

I just flashed the firmware and not the rom, didn't want to lose anything or take a chance.

As long as you skip the step of wiping data factory reset you won't lose any data. Just wipe cache and dalvik and you should be good to go.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
As long as you skip the step of wiping data factory reset you won't lose any data. Just wipe cache and dalvik and you should be good to go.

Oh yeah, I skipped the factory reset too. I used to flash custom ROMs on my Epics and I never did the factory resets, just the other 2 caches. However, if things are messed up like battery useage, I wouldn't hesitate to do a factory reset afterwards, it would just be a pain to reinstall everything.

r3ddawn

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
is everyone keeping root after doing a dirty flash or ?? I'm on LJ7 and will be updating tonight after work, just wanted to make sure I'll keep root..

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Thanks will do later.

Does anyone know if TrevMod Wifi Tether requires odex or deodex?

Or how to you determine if you are on an open or decoded rom? I forgot how to check.

Last edited:

middlebill

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Lost root! I was running rooted stock LJ7 and flashed both the odexed MB1 rom and the modem in post 2. Dirty flash but wiped dalvik and cache. Both flashed successfully but the phone seemed to lag and I lost root. Confirmed that with Root Checker Basic. I went back and flashed Team Epic's Root from Recovery but still no root. Thinking perhaps that they had to be flashed together, I reflashed the MB1 ROM and root from recovery together. Still lagging and no root. I'm using CWM. Any thoughts? I really don't want to wipe data if I can avoid it and the problem is something else. I'm wondering if anybody else has seen the same thing.

mrfoo84

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I am still fairly new to this. I do not have an external sd card so I just waited for this to come OTA. I have CWM 6.0.1.2 and the update just downloaded. I am on the recovery screen and I am not sure what to do here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cb1231

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Skunk thanks. i did post 2 version and everything went well afaik. Wifi tether seems good too. i was on 4.11 and CWM 6.023 and sailed through with dirty flash. now MB1 and still rooted.

thinknate

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to skunkape60 and others for sharing the info in this thread. I got everything from xda yesterday and successfully updated my wife's and my phones, both coming from ICS (we had skipped the previous JB updates). The updates went really smoothly using the "dirty flash" method with no loss of data or root privileges.

The only weirdness comes from Swype. Swype still works fine on my wife's phone, but my Swype would not let me install a pending update nor add a language. So I ran my Swype Beta installer and now I have a Swype Beta that works fine, and is listed separately from the basic Swype. I don't know what causes the different behavior between our phones -- the only thing I can think of is that I had been using the Swype Connect feature to back up my settings/dictionary and my wife had not.

I also need to look into an updated wifi-tether because the one I had in ICS is no longer working (3.1-beta14).

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Lost root! I was running rooted stock LJ7 and flashed both the odexed MB1 rom and the modem in post 2. Dirty flash but wiped dalvik and cache. Both flashed successfully but the phone seemed to lag and I lost root. Confirmed that with Root Checker Basic. I went back and flashed Team Epic's Root from Recovery but still no root. Thinking perhaps that they had to be flashed together, I reflashed the MB1 ROM and root from recovery together. Still lagging and no root. I'm using CWM. Any thoughts? I really don't want to wipe data if I can avoid it and the problem is something else. I'm wondering if anybody else has seen the same thing.

Never seen team epic root from recovery not work. Strange indeed.... Since you still have custom recovery try restoring your most recent backup and try again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay