Your Way to Update to MB1

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
You can flash the modem/firmware. But you would have to wait for dazednconfused to update the ROM to mb1. Which he isn't planning to do at this point.

Thanks Skunk. I do remember reading that he didn't want to go through all the work for such minimal changes; and I don't think think anyone can blame him. So will WS v2.1 continue to run if I flash the MB1 modem/firmware only and keep the same WS v2.1 ROM? As with everything else, it seems as though the more I learn the less I know!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Skunk. I do remember reading that he didn't want to go through all the work for such minimal changes; and I don't think think anyone can blame him. So will WS v2.1 continue to run if I flash the MB1 modem/firmware only and keep the same WS v2.1 ROM? As with everything else, it seems as though the more I learn the less I know!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Yup... No problem running the mb1 modem with any version of his ROM.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Can you temporary unroot using something like Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and download the ota update or are the steps in the first post the only way to go?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are Rooted and have custom recovery this is for you.

This is the Full Stock MB1 Pre-Rooted in a zip file. You would flash these files like you would any other ROM. The Rom and firmware (radio) are 2 separate zips.
Please thank freeza in his xda thread.

1. Download files and put them on you external or internal sdcard.
2. Wipe cache, wipe dalvik, factory Reset
3. Flash Firmware
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot

Odexed MB1 Zip

Deodexed MB1 Zip

MB1 Firmware/Baseband/Modem zip

I have a newbie root question. How do I know if I rooted with custom recovery or not? I used your following instructions to root my phone:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sp...e-updated-how-root-your-sprint-galaxy-s3.html

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you temporary unroot using something like Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and download the ota update or are the steps in the first post the only way to go?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You would also have to reinstall the stock recovery. To use the method in post 1.

My suggestion would be to do the method in post 2. Much easier than post 1.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Skunkape,

In the first posted you wrote the following:
"Note: You must be current and have MA6 on your phone before using the update file."

Before I follow the steps in post 2 how can I make sure I am current and have MA6.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Yup... No problem running the mb1 modem with any version of his ROM.

Great news! I'll flash it when I get home from work. So are all modems (as long as they are a latter version) compatible with any ROM that were built on a former modem? Or is it just specific to Dazed's WS?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Great news! I'll flash it when I get home from work. So are all modems (as long as they are a latter version) compatible with any ROM that were built on a former modem? Or is it just specific to Dazed's WS?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

They're pretty much independent of the ROM. Meaning you can run the modem on any ROM built for your device.

middlebill

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Never seen team epic root from recovery not work. Strange indeed.... Since you still have custom recovery try restoring your most recent backup and try again.

Thanks Skunk, I'll redownload the ROM and try again this weekend. I haven't a clue why I was loosing root. Maybe something was corrupted when I downloaded, so I'll try fresh. I didn't check the md5. I'll also try a clean flash with full wipe.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok i got the firmware/modem part... now If I'm running WS2.1 ROM, which is best Odexed or Deodexed? Thanks

The firmware is as far as you go... If you want to stay on wicked sensations you can't flash either of the roms. They will replace wicked sensations with stock.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted with stock rom and still on LJ7 - how can I get current and not lose apps and data?

Just flash the modem and ROM in post #2. If you skip the factory reset you won't lose any data or apps. Have you even read any of this thread? It has been answered multiple times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084