Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Default Weird advertisement notifications after Factory Reset?

I finally broke down and did a factory reset today to see if it would help my phone run better. After downloading most of the apps I had before the reset I began to get advertisements in my notification bar. I never got these before. Where might they be coming from and how do I disable them?

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: Weird advertisement notifications after Factory Reset?

Quote Originally Posted by av1atrx View Post
    I finally broke down and did a factory reset today to see if it would help my phone run better. After downloading most of the apps I had before the reset I began to get advertisements in my notification bar. I never got these before. Where might they be coming from and how do I disable them?

Thanks for any help!
    They're coming from an app. Download air push and it'll tell you where it's coming from

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Weird advertisement notifications after Factory Reset?

Or, when you slide down the notification shade, just long press on the advertisement notirication. Tap on the "App info" pop up, and it should take you right to the app info page for the app that's sending the ad. No 3rd party app necessary.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
    Thanked by 2: