Update to MB1 removes PRL Write function...

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So, I updated to MB1, and now I'm unable to do the PRL Write function by dialing ##3282#...Is there a way around this other than flashing back to the previous software version? Thanks guys.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I updated to MB1, and now I'm unable to do the PRL Write function by dialing ##3282#...Is there a way around this other than flashing back to the previous software version? Thanks guys.

My daughter's gs3 was updated to mb1 Monday and has no problem updating the prl. Most likely it is a network issue with Sprint. Keep trying and it will most likely eventually work.

Or it could be your ROM. I'm assuming you are on an aosp or cm ROM seeing that you are trying this with dialing the number code instead of using the update prl in the settings. Sometimes it is cm and aosp rom's that are the issue.

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
stock rom, rooted.

it updates the prl fine, but to write a custom prl you have to dial ##3282# then select write prl, and now after updating to mb1 it isn't there...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
stock rom, rooted.

it updates the prl fine, but to write a custom prl you have to dial ##3282# then select write prl, and now after updating to mb1 it isn't there...

Yeah it's gone for me as well :(

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sprint doesn't want you writing custom PRLs....

And? They also don't want people to root and use certain apps but we do. Normally this can be useful when your in a weak signal area.

Looks like I may just have to use roam control now :p

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't implying you shouldn't do it. Just commenting that Sprint probably really dislikes people doing this. Screwing up your phone (e.g., rooting) is one thing. Messing with how your phone uses the network is, I suspect, something Sprint seriously wants to prevent.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't implying you shouldn't do it. Just commenting that Sprint probably really dislikes people doing this. Screwing up your phone (e.g., rooting) is one thing. Messing with how your phone uses the network is, I suspect, something Sprint seriously wants to prevent.

Oh I don't doubt they don't want us to.. But I wouldn't have to if they fix this dang tower near me lol. :p

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Using the zip file in the link I was able to get the menu to appear again, and I successfully flashed PRL 00001. Worked like a charm. I wonder if it will work for my Note II now. :)

jorgemartino

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. Im new here, im tryng to get the msl number off mu gs3 i tryed everthingand every app out there, my phone is on mb 1. I think is the mb 1 update that itgive this problem . What you guys think? Maibe if i downgrade to lj7? Is that going to work ? I need to get in to the seting to fix some things. Please helpppppp.. thanksssss........

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick Hawkey

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
will the mod ma4/ma6 work on a non rooted MD4. if not i am not very computer savey and have no clue how to do this but i would like to fix the prl cuz i have no service at and and im constantly searching for service

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You can just grab the hidden menu apk from a previous release and install it like a regular apk, no root needed. It won't mess up you calling ability at all as its an entirely different apk.

I believe the DL link is up in the prl thread on xda.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2