Can't connect to wifi

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Last night I lost the wifi on my phone, while sitting about 5 feet away from the router. It tries to connect... Says "connecting" then "obtaining IP address" then "safe, secure", back to "obtaining..." round & round.
I'd spoke with a guy at Sprint earlier to figure out why I can't send pics thru Handcent (bc the 4.1.2 update messed it up apparently), and he did something where I dialed a code & my phone reset. Could that be my problem?
I'd rather get help here than call Sprint
again, as I'd have to use this phone to call & I'm pretty sure that would be useless. ;)
Thanks!
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Last night I lost the wifi on my phone, while sitting about 5 feet away from the router. It tries to connect... Says "connecting" then "obtaining IP address" then "safe, secure", back to "obtaining..." round & round.
I'd spoke with a guy at Sprint earlier to figure out why I can't send pics thru Handcent (bc the 4.1.2 update messed it up apparently), and he did something where I dialed a code & my phone reset. Could that be my problem?
I'd rather get help here than call Sprint
again, as I'd have to use this phone to call & I'm pretty sure that would be useless. ;)
Thanks!
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Have you tried the basics yet?

Unplug both modem and router.

Plug in modem and wait for the lights to show you are connected and ready.

Plug in the router and wait for it to connect.

Connect your phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
And if that doesn't work, delete the WiFi account from your phone and recreate it.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S3. Please forgive any typos or auto-correct errors.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would agree with the posts above. Try resetting your router as that's most likely the issue.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463