(05) NOW BROWSE YOUR SD CARD, LOOK FOR APNBACKUPRESTORE FOLDER
(06) COPY & PASTE PAGEPLUS.XML INTO FOLDER
(07) GO BACK TO APN BACKUP & RESTORE
(08) CLICK DELETE APNS
(09) NOW CLICK RESTORE APNS
(10) SELECT PAGEPLUS.XML
(11) SELECT OK
(12) REBOOT PHONE

I downloaded APN Backup and Restore. I had to Enable ICS to do anything. I was able to paste pageplus.xml into my backup folder but when I went to Delete APNs, I get this message:

Delete failed: No permission to write APN settings: Neither user 10148 nor current process has android.permission. WRITE_APN_SETTINGS.

so..............

I try the alternate fix and install GOSMS PRO.

(01) INSTALL GOSMS PRO
(02) START GOSMS
(03) PRESS MENU
(04) SELECT SETTINGS
(05) SELECT ADVANCED (AT TOP)
(06) MMS SETTINGS
(07) CHECK FILL APN CONFIGURATION MANUALLY
(08) SELECT MMSC
(09) FILL IN (HTTP://MMS.VTEXT.COM/SERVLETS/MMS)

I go to setting/advanced/MMS Settings/Fill APN configuration manually and then I check that off.

I go into MMSC and type in:

http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

and hit OK.

Unfortunately the pics still don't download.

I can't figure out what I 'm doing wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Jessica Smith

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Ha ha. I cheated and paid someone on Ebay. (I don't recommend who I used though). You're smart to even attempt.

I actually got my MMS to work. Well it's a workaround. I have to turn off my Wireless. Don't know why that is and would prefer it work on wireless connection since I do use wireless while at home. Oh well, guess I should be thankful there is a workaround.

After you flash your phone (and I know you will successfully), let me know how you get your MMS. Good Luck!

Last edited:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's actually a common problem for phones that are flashed to page plus. The solution varies phone to phone and I have never flashed an s3 with mms.

My suggestion would be to Google it. I know simple but trust me it helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Stina Kimball

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
i had my verizion galaxy s3 flashed to a metro pcs accnt and i can recieve mms but i can not send out any. im kinda forgien to how all this works... think i may have ruined this phone... Any suggestions?

bigjam8

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hello I have a cricket s3 I am trying to use for page plus. I can get talk and text but no mobile web. Any ideas?
Please help....
thanks

Joy Cronan Jones

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Everyone who has flashed to page plus you probably wont find a better application then this for mms download xms on playstore it's the best only thing is person your sending to has to have it to just do what I did told all my friends that have a 100 apps anyways to download xms to...good luck.... but after I re-up my monthly plan again my gosms starting working right go figure lol

Hakim White

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I had the same problem when i went over to page plus from sprint, i am using a samsung galaxy 3. You are on the right by getting sms pro but all you need to do you is look for the setting for straight talk and it will walk you throught the setting for mms. You made have to setup throught sms pro setting but its not big deal , just search the web and follow the instructions.