RUMOR MILL: Samsung to support Android 4.2.2 and Android 5.0 To GS3

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
LINK

Just a rumor, but hopefully it's true! And usually Sammobile is very accurate.

**This does however only mention the International versions... still a good sign though!**

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would say it's a good possibility that those updates will happen to all devices. The question is how long before carrier add their crap to the builds???

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Sammy is good with updates but unfortunately it's up to the carriers whether we get them or not. Heck, we are still waiting for the "premium suite" update announced how long ago? There is a "chance" that Sprint is working to put 4.2.1 and the premium suite together as one update but I think that's stretching it a little. But "if" and "when" 4.2.2 or 5 were to roll out for Sprints GS3, I'll be retired at the ripe ol' age of 84....

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Sammy is good with updates but unfortunately it's up to the carriers whether we get them or not. Heck, we are still waiting for the "premium suite" update announced how long ago? There is a "chance" that Sprint is working to put 4.2.1 and the premium suite together as one update but I think that's stretching it a little. But "if" and "when" 4.2.2 or 5 were to roll out for Sprints GS3, I'll be retired at the ripe ol' age of 84....

I bet you we get 4.2.x by the end of May/June with/without Premium Suit in it.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
By time u get these updates you will probably be on to ur next phone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hell nah. S4 isn't enough of an upgrade to waste $200 on, plus the fact that all of the features will probably sooner or later be ported to the S3. I will be getting an S5 in 2 years. My guess is 4.2.2 will be on our phones by June-ish, and Key Lime by before the end of 2013.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
OK may 15th is the announce date for KLP but that doesn't mean it's the release date. It could be weeks or even months before it's released. Then it will take awhile (months) for it to trickle out to all "nexus" variants first. Then it's up to the carriers (not Samsung) whether our phones get the update. If they decide to give it to us (which is possible) they have to test it first which takes quite a bit of time. So Spring of 2014 for KLP sounds more reasonable if Sprint gives it to us.

I have been wrong before about updates but I'll take your bet, that your gonna regret, cause I'm the best that's ever been!!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Gator, I think the point was that by May 15th we'd know what will be in 5.0, as was asked in post 14. No one suggested the 15th is when it would be available.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If, and when, it comes to the S3, 4.2 will be passe to those sporting the Note 2 and S4. Although the upgraded features are nice, I'm not going to sweat it if we have to wait a few months for it. I'm sure Sprint will be the first carrier to make it available. When I'm eligible to upgrade (3/14), I'm going to switch to whichever Note version is current at that time, even though I love my S3.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski