Email Problem following MB1 Update

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've done a bit of searching the past couple of days looking for a solution to this but haven't had any luck. The issue I am is having is my phone will give me a new email notification every time it checks the servers, for an email that's already been read. It is not always the same message. Sometimes it is the last message I read or it will be a message from two months ago. Also, it is not always the same account.

All this started after updating to MB1. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I am rooted and did a back up prior to flashing. I am also running a pre-rooted version of MB1 gleamed from Skunkape's thread on how to update. I don't think that has anything to do with it as I came across a single post on Sprint's forums with the same issue, but no solution. The user was not rooted if I recall, but just some extra info should anyone need it.

Thank you for your help.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I've done a bit of searching the past couple of days looking for a solution to this but haven't had any luck. The issue I am is having is my phone will give me a new email notification every time it checks the servers, for an email that's already been read. It is not always the same message. Sometimes it is the last message I read or it will be a message from two months ago. Also, it is not always the same account.

All this started after updating to MB1. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I am rooted and did a back up prior to flashing. I am also running a pre-rooted version of MB1 gleamed from Skunkape's thread on how to update. I don't think that has anything to do with it as I came across a single post on Sprint's forums with the same issue, but no solution. The user was not rooted if I recall, but just some extra info should anyone need it.

Thank you for your help.

Are you using the email app or the gmail app. I had that issue with every gmail version on my gs3. I fixed out by turning off the gmail sync. And setup the email app. I haven't had that issue again.

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the email app. I have started to look into other email clients to see if that might resolve the issue.

sent via smoke signals

BrockS.

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I went into settings and deleted all the app data today, then set up all four accounts from scratch. It appears that course of action solved the problem.