Does Dolphin Browser crash consistently for anyone else?

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I have Dolphin Browser, and it consistently crashes whenever I am on mobile view and try to log in to most websites. The Browser freezes and then crashes. Does this happen to anyone else?

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have Dolphin Browser, and it consistently crashes whenever I am on mobile view and try to log in to most websites. The Browser freezes and then crashes. Does this happen to anyone else?

Ever since I downloaded the BETA version last week it does. The regular version never did.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
For me, it is the opposite. I downloaded Dolphin Beta to test it out, and it does not crash when trying to log in into a website. On the other hand, Dolphin HD--which I used to use all the time--crashes as I explained above.

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I downloaded the BETA version last week it does. The regular version never did.
Very interesting, the exact same thing happened to me as well, although I'm a using a Nexus 7 tablet.

I installed the beta to try it out, was unhappy with it and uninstalled it. Now the regular version is crashing madly, even after rebooting the device. I already mailed their support to report this strange bug. I'll report back when I hear something.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It has been so long since I had Dolphin. I stopped using it when they made a change that I didn't like (for the life of me, I can't remember what the change was), and got Chrome the moment my phone went to ICS. I haven't looked at Dolphin since. But I agree that when I had it, it was a pretty good browser.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
As a general rule, if an app that used to work OK starts crashing, go to Settings / Application manager and clear that app's cache. If that doesn't work, try clearing the app's data (you may need to reset things like custom settings and bookmarks, though.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
dolphin is the most reliable browser for my phone. its opera that crashes on my phone. but strange enough all the issues started when I did an OTA, so a buggy OTA or a less compatible version of android could be your problem.

though if its the standard version of dolphin that crashes then I recommend using the beta version and vica versa. though try installing the jet pack ad on for dolphin HD in Google play and see if this solves the problem.

dmountjoy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Dolphin has consistently crashed on me for since Jan 2013, when some update came through. It also crashes on my ASUS transformer tablet. I send in an error report every week or so, with no results. The problem is, I really loved it!!

revolruf

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Transformer tf101 with Dolphin 10.0.1 CRASHES CONSTANTLY. What a piece of crap. GET IT RIGHT, DOLPHIN, OR GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS!!!