Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Since latest update my GS3 randomly vibrates for no reason

Any ideas out there? There are no notifications happening, yet my phone for some reason just randomly vibrates once.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Default Re: Since latest update my GS3 randomly vibrates for no reason

Try this:

Aha, I figured it out! Bugmailer.sh

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thx for the response I read all the comments and I don't have USB debugging enabled and I can't find the bugreports folder on my SD card file. What am i doing wrong? Thanks again for your help

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

It probably isn't what you did wrong, maybe it's a new application or process that runs randomly in the background or runs when a condition is met.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 

Check the settings for your messaging app and Facebook to see if you have them set to vibrate when you receive messages or FB notifications.
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

these are random times when it vibrates and there are no notifications whatsoever, it's bizarre...the posts above make sense but I can't find the folders, I'll live I'm sure but thanks
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by fjitb View Post
    these are random times when it vibrates and there are no notifications whatsoever, it's bizarre...the posts above make sense but I can't find the folders, I'll live I'm sure but thanks
    Ok...since it is happening after an update, try powering down, rebooting into recovery and wiping the cache on the phone. This won't delete any data, all your stuff should be intact.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Ok...since it is happening after an update, try powering down, rebooting into recovery and wiping the cache on the phone. This won't delete any data, all your stuff should be intact.
    How does one get into recovery and wipe the cache???

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

How does one get into recovery and wipe the cache???
    Power down...and to reboot into recovery you hold power, home and volume up at the same time (I would suggest holding the volume and home buttons first then push power) until you see the samsung screen then release. use volume buttons to navigate....go down to wipe cache partition, and hit power. Then highlight reboot system now and hit power.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Power down...and to reboot into recovery you hold power, home and volume up at the same time (I would suggest holding the volume and home buttons first then push power) until you see the samsung screen then release. use volume buttons to navigate....go down to wipe cache partition, and hit power. Then highlight reboot system now and hit power.
    thanks so much, will give it a try after work
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

just did it and hopefully this works, thanks again!!!

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

just did it and hopefully this works, thanks again!!!

No sweat....let us know if it works.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

No sweat....let us know if it works.
    Well my phone just vibrated again for no apparent reason however I've just noticed I have Haptic Feedback checked on my Sounds menu and it says, "Vibrate when soft keys are pressed and on certain UI interactions" So perhaps this is my issue, I'll uncheck it and see if this helps and post about it later.

hey there, are you sure it's not vibrating to alert you of a missed call or other interaction such as a new text?
    go to the settings dropdown, Motion>Smart alert and chances are, that box is checked.
    to get rid of the vibration you may be getting,... just un-check the box (that's if that was the issue)
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

I had a similar issue on my s3 when I had it. It would vibrate for no apparent reason.

Later on I found out it was the samsung account requesting attention because I was not signed into it or it needed an update. It leaves no notification and will pop up the message when you least expect it, then disappear just as fast.

Try checking that if you set one up. Just go into the settings menu and tap on the samsung account. It may say that a update is available. Download it and sign back in if it doesn't do it automatically. Then just wait to see if it happens again.

If this is not the cause, I am not sure unless there is a program popping a message at odd intervals that you never see.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
    fjitb and Ntchwaidumela like this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post
    I had a similar issue on my s3 when I had it. It would vibrate for no apparent reason.

Later on I found out it was the samsung account requesting attention because I was not signed into it or it needed an update. It leaves no notification and will pop up the message when you least expect it, then disappear just as fast.

Try checking that if you set one up. Just go into the settings menu and tap on the samsung account. It may say that a update is available. Download it and sign back in if it doesn't do it automatically. Then just wait to see if it happens again.

If this is not the cause, I am not sure unless there is a program popping a message at odd intervals that you never see.

I needed an update and lets hope this works! thanks for the info!
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by TrueDrooid View Post
    hey there, are you sure it's not vibrating to alert you of a missed call or other interaction such as a new text?
    go to the settings dropdown, Motion>Smart alert and chances are, that box is checked.
    to get rid of the vibration you may be getting,... just un-check the box (that's if that was the issue)
    Yeah this is a random vibration that doesn't seem to relate to any type of notification. The phone just vibrates for some reason. I don't have Motion enabled, but thx for the info
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

It just vibrated again for apparently no visible reason ugh...
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by Jevangil View Post

you know I just discovered that my Samsung account wasn't backing up or syncing. It kept failing and had been for about 16 days, of course I just discovered it today. I deleted the account, added it again and signed in and it looks as though my vibration issue may be gone for good!!! Thanks to everyone again for your advice!
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

UGH my phone has vibrated twice today for no reason so I'm open to any and all suggestions

Having same issue running MOAR v4.01. I have removed Samsung Account bloat from system so no go on that for sure. Never had a problem until MD4. It only happens with screen on and nothing shows on screen or in notifications. All of my haptic is turned off except call and text notification. Like always. Also dont use any of the motions either. I'm thinking it's an app or a setting maybe? Or maybe it's a random flash bug. It's sure annoying.
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by sinisin View Post
    Having same issue running MOAR v4.01. I have removed Samsung Account bloat from system so no go on that for sure. Never had a problem until MD4. It only happens with screen on and nothing shows on screen or in notifications. All of my haptic is turned off except call and text notification. Like always. Also dont use any of the motions either. I'm thinking it's an app or a setting maybe? Or maybe it's a random flash bug. It's sure annoying.
    And it's not "bugreport" or "bugmailer.sh"?

Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 

ROM
    ROM: Stock JB 4.1.1

Could be a bad cable, there is a short vibration when it connects /disconnects to charge. Try using another usb cable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by jfitts75 View Post
    Could be a bad cable, there is a short vibration when it connects /disconnects to charge. Try using another usb cable.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't have to be plugged in for it to happen.

I don't have to be plugged in for it to happen.
    For anyone with the random vibration problem, are you rooted an using a custom Kernel? I've seen a couple of reports of this happening with the KT kernal. If you're using a non-standard kernel, try flashing the stock kernel and see what happens.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast