U.S. Variants are rumored NOT to receive Key Lime Pie Update.

jaysmallz

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
All of the U.S. Variants of the S3 are rumored not to receive the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update due to the lack of a quad core processor. Only the international version of the S3 will allegedly receive the next update....Any Regrets?? If true does this make you lean towards the s4?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
And the source of this rumor is.....?

I learned a long time ago not to worry about rumors, especially unsourced ones. Given that the S2 has already gotten JB, in spite of it's lower powered processor, I still expect the S3 will get KLP. If not, and I really want it, I suspect there will be KLP based ROMs for the S3. If it's really a hardware limitation, well, my S3 will continue to do everything it does today, which I hardly consider unacceptable.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not buying that rumor YET. They said in the past that certain devices (older Galaxy S) units wouldn't get Gingerbread, that happened.. Then they said similar things with ICS ...

If the demand is there and the carriers want it, Samsung will provide it if its possible..

Think back to the Nexus S 4g (Samsung) on Sprint.. It started on Gingerbread, made it to ICS and even got official JB.. Nobody though it would ever make it that far but it did and it handled JB (single core processor) just fine.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I can't help but think the same people who start these rumors are the same ones who benefit monetarily from new phone purchases.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I can't help but think the same people who start these rumors are the same ones who benefit monetarily from new phone purchases.

I'm not quite as cynical as that. Almost, but not quite. :) I'm curious as to whether the OP will come back and give us a source, or whether he's just a troll.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
If this were true then I guess us lucky nexus 10 owners are S.O.L LMAO yea sorry but I doubt that the nexus 10 is dual core I mean it's a badass dual core but still and it'll be getting KLP and many others to come so I doubt Sammy will leave us hanging besides all the googling I've done say all variants of the S3 will be getting KLP so I'm pretty sure the OP was trolling

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Again this makes no sense they wouldn't make the nexus 10 the way they did if it wasn't able to get the updates uh duhh hello it's a nexus device and dual core as well so this is definitely a huge f-ing rumor to be taken not seriously at all if it's any way true then it's on Sammys end not googles and if so then I'm taking my 3 day old s3 back and getting the note 2

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
All of the U.S. Variants of the S3 are rumored not to receive the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Update due to the lack of a quad core processor. Only the international version of the S3 will allegedly receive the next update....Any Regrets?? If true does this make you lean towards the s4?

Very unlikely. Performance wise there is no significant performance difference between the two chipsets.

Don't believe everything you read online.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't believe everything you read online.

That's for sure. Some blogger somewhere posts something he thinks he heard, or even just made up, and before you can say "Bob's your uncle" it's been copied by the rest of the blogosphere without the slightest effort at verification or attribution. Then the supposedly "reputable" web sites pick it up because it's been repeated in so many other places.

Go back just a few weeks, and see how positive the blogosphere was about the features of the GS4, and how many of them turned out to be incorrect.

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I decided to just take the s3 back and got b3stbuy to price match amazon on a note 2 so it didnt cost me anything extra and actually got 2 cents back the guy didnt look too happy tho since best buy is still selling the note 2 for 300 and they just had to give it to me for 99 lmao

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
That's for sure. Some blogger somewhere posts something he thinks he heard, or even just made up, and before you can say "Bob's your uncle" it's been copied by the rest of the blogosphere without the slightest effort at verification or attribution. Then the supposedly "reputable" web sites pick it up because it's been repeated in so many other places.

Go back just a few weeks, and see how positive the blogosphere was about the features of the GS4, and how many of them turned out to be incorrect.

Exactly. Drives me nuts when the reputable sites fall for it too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
You do realize it's called a RUMOR for a reason, and not a fact....

I' betting we will have KLP by 1st Quarter of 2014. And there will be MANY KLP based ROMs out wayyyy before then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08