Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Google Play Store crashing everytime I pull it up

Thank you! This worked instantly for my Galaxy S4. Google Play Store has been crashing and malfunctioning for 4-5 days now and I tried everything from restarting, to clearing cache and app data, disabling-enabling." Settings >> Applications Manager >> Downloaded apps >> Reset app preferences " This is what worked for me!

I found a page that helped me with another problem and then gave me the same problem as you but then I cleared google play stores's cache and data. now it works here is a link on what to do but they forgot 1 step once your done ALL of that clear data and cache for google play store

I know it doesn't say anything about google play crashes but I did this than cleared my data and my cache and it fixed it so I recommend trying
    CREDITS GOES TO: to crazzzzy (and many other users) (pandawill) for posting this solution.

WARNING: YOU MAY LOSE ALL YOUR DATA BY DOING THIS.

Issues:
    - Account sync OFF permanently with the message: "Sync is currently experiencing problems".
    - Signing in Google Apps fails showing message: "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server"

Possible Cause:
    - system file named 'hosts' (/etc/hosts) points to a Google server that changed IP, thus blocking access to Apps.

Possible Solution:
    - edit 'hosts' file (/etc/hosts) deleting or commenting (adding a # at the beginning) the old line

I have a Samsung Galaxy S AnyCall M110S with GFAN WF07 SP 8 XDA Version i tested it and it worked...

It may be work on any android device.

Please do it at your own risk.

How to do it:
    1.- Root your device (of course)
    2.- Editing the file
    You will need a proper editor
    On your device open your browser and go to: Total Commander - Android
    Download and Install Total Commander for Android... and open it
    3.- Browse with Total Commander to root/etc
    (hint: on the right side of the screen there's a shortcut to system folder.. look for etc/ and you will find it)
    Long tap on "hosts" > edit file > Totalcmd-Editor

Open etc/hosts and edit the file. Just put # before 74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com.

4.- SAVED (after u hit save it will ask you to mount a system thing tap yes)
    Edited file should look like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
    #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com
    Copy paste ^ that and replace everything in the file with that
    remember: based on my own observation it should be look like this:

127.0.0.1(just one space)localhost
    #74.125.93.113(just one space)android.clients.google.com
    5.- Try Rebooting If that doesn't work Factory reset, wipe data.
    6. Once the phone reboots, input your google account information when the phone asks for it.
    7.- Sync to your account and contacts
    Done!
    Now you can connect to Google Play very well.
    [SOLUTION:] Can't establish a reliable connection to the server - xda-developers

What worked for me (Evo LTE with MeanBean Rom) is a slight variation on someone else's post.

Go to Settings -> Apps -> select "all" from the bottom tabs scroll down to download manager .... That was disable so click it and if it is disabled, enable it. That worked for me. I believe I disabled it when I was having issues with downloads hanging and I never enabled it. Apparently it is necessary for the Play store to run (which in hindsight makes sense).

It Works you have to enable download folder awesome thanks. Play store not crashing any more

Thank you SO MUCH!

I was just about to do the reset as well but I read your suggestion and did the same. It works perfectly again!

Cheers!

I had done a full reset....but within week playstore shut down again...resetting the settings fixed it.

- - - Updated - - -

I had done a full reset....but within week playstore shut down again...resetting the settings fixed it.

I tried
    Force stop
    Clearing data
    Uninstalling and redownloading

Nothing worked. Play store force crashed still.

Until I realised the default download manager was disabled.
    Enabled this in the apps manager and insta-fix.
    So glad I tried this before factory reset.

Down |

Thumbs up Re: Google Play Store crashing everytime I pull it up

"Asaph Ziruma"
    (Go to settings, then Apps then menu then click "reset application preferences" should most definitely work)

This worked just perfectly with my Nexus 4. i have tried all the other solutions other than reset to factory settings (thank God i didn't get to that point otherwise it would have been a hassle backing up all my data and restoring them again)

I couldn't connect with Play Store either. The solution was as easy as re-setting to the correct date and time. My date and time were off by more than a month. Ray

Make sure your download manger is enabled

Thumbs up Re: Google Play Store crashing everytime I pull it up

heyy it works that b ))

thanks alot!!! it works for me

Hi.

I've tried all the steps in this thread and play store is still crashing. When I checked download manager it was never disabled in the first place but tried disabling/enabling anyway and that didn't work. I don't know what else to do, I'm travelling at the moment and won't be home for another 4 months so I can't afford to do a factory reset.

The only other thing I've seen suggested is to go into Settings, scroll down to the Accounts section, choose Google, tap the account associated with the play store, and then remove that account, followed by recreating the account.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Never mind it's fixed itself. It was crashing non stop when I was in Denmark but now that I'm in Norway it works perfectly, very strange.

I have tried everything, even factory reset. But when I did the reset, the Play Store icon was gone. So I downloaded the apk file and reinstalled. Same problem "process.com.android.vending) and Force Close. Tried different versions of Google store, same problem.
    This has another side issue, it doesnt allow my apps to update. When I install any version of Play Store, before crashing the first time, the system notifies me that I have XXX updates, then it Play store crashes and they never come up again.
    Why is the icon gone? Shouldnt it just BE there? Thats what a reset is for...

Im running 2.3.6, stock.

Todar I performed another factory reset. Play Store was no there. I did not install anything else, just play store. It required an internet connection so I configured it and continued. It looked like it was working but it crashed again. Same message and force close.
    I installed Whatsapp and received an alert: You have a 3rd party task killer installed". Of course its a factory reset and I didnt install anything, so I dont understand why this warning comes up or if I have to worry.

Your solution worked perfectly for me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Daishestor View Post
    Todar I performed another factory reset. Play Store was no there. I did not install anything else, just play store. It required an internet connection so I configured it and continued. It looked like it was working but it crashed again. Same message and force close.
    I installed Whatsapp and received an alert: You have a 3rd party task killer installed". Of course its a factory reset and I didnt install anything, so I dont understand why this warning comes up or if I have to worry.
    Was your phone new, or did you buy it used? If used, is there any chance the phone is rooted, with a 3rd party ROM?

Wait, I just noticed you said 2.3.6 stock. What phone do you have? I don't think the S3 has ever had Android 2.3, and this is the GS3 forum. My GS3 doesn't seem to have that process name installed at all.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

oops, didnt know that. I have a generic Chinise phone (JWD brand, model J358), brand new. works like a charm, except for this little issue. Where can I get help? Should I root it to access system folders and maybe delete/add a file?
    Thanks

I'm afraid I really don't know what to do here. Are there any other Google apps on the phone? (Google Play, Google Maps, etc.)? If so, it might be possible to get an older version of the play store APK to work. If not, it may be that this phone doesn't have any support for Google apps. If that's the case, and you root it, you might be able to find a GAPPS files and flash it. I would have no idea how to root that phone, though.

This finally worked for me, Reset App Preferences. I have an GS3. Wish I scrolled down to this point first as I started panicking with having to delete and recreate accounts or even worse having to do a factory reset....

Enabling "Downloads" from Application manager worked for me. Thanks a lot.

**Update** Rebooted device after it uninstalled Google Play and it reinstalled automatically and now it works...craziness.

I feel like i'm in a vortex!!

Google Play crashes every time i open it....i've done the following:

1. cleared the cache (did nothing)
    2. downloads already enabled.
    3. force stopped google play app (COMPLETELY UNINSTALLED GOOGLE PLAY FROM MY DEVICE!!)
    4. i don't even have the menu option to reset apps in the app manager...all it shows is "Sort by...."

how can i reinstall the app? the google play site is brutttttttally non-mobile friendly.
    Last edited by Jonathan Reynolds; 08-09-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast