Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By meyerweb
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Re: 4.2.2 rolling out?

wasnt MA6 replaced by MB1 a while back?

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
    wasnt MA6 replaced by MB1 a while back?
    Not only that but if you look at the naming convention used for the Jelly Bean updates (see link below) would include VPB that B I believe indicates JB. In the case of this article, it mentions L710VPMA6 which would indicate not JB. Shame too, because I got rather excited there for a second.

Find and update the software on your Samsung Galaxy S3
    Jeff
    Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Pixi, Moto Q, BB Curve, PPC-6700
    Addicted to cell phones since 1998

No, MA6 is indeed Jellybean, but it's 4.1.2, not 4.2. I don't know who Dwayne Madden is, but he's clearly clueless.

There IS an update on the way, but it won't be MA6, which Stas correctly notes has already been replaced by MB1. The next update, which is currently being tested, is still 4.1.2 bu includes Premium Suite. (multi-window, page buddy, more).
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

MD4 is the latest RDF released.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    No, MA6 is indeed Jellybean, but it's 4.1.2, not 4.2. I don't know who Dwayne Madden is, but he's clearly clueless.

There IS an update on the way, but it won't be MA6, which Stas correctly notes has already been replaced by MB1. The next update, which is currently being tested, is still 4.1.2 bu includes Premium Suite. (multi-window, page buddy, more).
    Meyerweb, agreed that MA6 is indeed Jellybean. I recall that version being on my phone at some point before MB1 came through and cleaned some items up. What I was trying to point out is that not only is the version incorrect (MA6 already exists and Jelly Bean came with LJ7) but that the naming convention used for the version was also incorrect.
    Jeff
    Galaxy S3, Epic 4G Touch, Photon, Evo, Pre, Pixi, Moto Q, BB Curve, PPC-6700
    Addicted to cell phones since 1998

Ah, OK. I misunderstood.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
    Thanked by:
    oskar1995 likes this.

Global Posts
    19,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post

I am highly inclined to agree. He doesn't even know the current build that the Sprint GS3 is using.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

He's a dork.