Toggles

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if there is a way for a rooted user like myself to edit the stock toggles? I've seen the add ons on the Play Store, but that seems redundant to have more toggles pop up below the stock ones.. As i only use 5 of the toggles, I'd love to remove the others or just push them to the second screen so that the toggles I do use are immediately accessible.. Am I asking too much here?

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if there is a way for a rooted user like myself to edit the stock toggles? I've seen the add ons on the Play Store, but that seems redundant to have more toggles pop up below the stock ones.. As i only use 5 of the toggles, I'd love to remove the others or just push them to the second screen so that the toggles I do use are immediately accessible.. Am I asking too much here?

Are you on a stock ROM? I haven't heard of that kinda mod. Many of the custom ROMs have toggle mods built in. But to my knowledge you can't edit which ones are there. Most of the mods I've seen just change the look of them.

That being said, someone may know of something I haven't seen yet.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, still on stock ROM, I prefer stability to uber customization.. My only thought on this is, why isn't this ability built into the phone from the get go?

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, still on stock ROM, I prefer stability to uber customization.. My only thought on this is, why isn't this ability built into the phone from the get go?

I run Wicked Sensations. It is uber fast, stable and plenty of mods to use.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It may be possible if you're willing to go slightly non-stock. I'm looking into something, and will post back when I have an answer.

Unfortunately, what I was thinking of won't work. If you decide you want to try another ROM to get this capability, MOAR is also very good and very stable. Both it and Wicked are based on the stock TW ROM, so everything on the phone works.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, what I was thinking of won't work. If you decide you want to try another ROM to get this capability, MOAR is also very good and very stable. Both it and Wicked are based on the stock TW ROM, so everything on the phone works.

That has been my one issue with flashing a different ROM, is the instability.. It'd be great if I had a dummy phone to run tests with :D Thank you for your time!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I share your concern. My phone is a tool, not just a toy, so I need it to work all the time. I've been using MOAR as my daily driver and, so far, I haven't found anything that doesn't work. Since you're rooted, you can make a nandroid backup of your current config, try another ROM, and if you don't like it simply restore your nandroid to get back to where you are today.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Like Meyerweb, I understand also. And like him with MOAR, I've been running Wicked Sensations as my daily since I rooted in Jan. Both of these ROMS are excellent and have good support from the developers.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you both for the help! I am gonna take the plunge tomorrow, it's too enticing to not at least try, and with a nandroid made, I'll feel safer..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress