Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 5dadd7
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Ntchwaidumela
  • 1 Post By meyerweb
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    I remember hearing something about it a while back but nothing recently. Do you guys think we'll get the newest iteration of jellybean or if Sammy is too focused on the s4 right now to bother?

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  
    rando991's Avatar

    Posts
    550 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by jaylati View Post
    I remember hearing something about it a while back but nothing recently. Do you guys think we'll get the newest iteration of jellybean or if Sammy is too focused on the s4 right now to bother?



    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    Yeah +1 this. I see the S4 has 4.2.2 already.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    Well, the S4 was manufactured around 4.2. It's not like it's received an update.

    To the OP, no, there's been no official word, and no one who knows is talking, and no one who's talking knows. It will also depend on your carrier. My guess (and that's all it is) is that Sprint will role it out in the fall, AT&T in the early Winter, and Verizon not until after the first of the yea.r
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Well, the S4 was manufactured around 4.2. It's not like it's received an update.

    To the OP, no, there's been no official word, and no one who knows is talking, and no one who's talking knows. It will also depend on your carrier. My guess (and that's all it is) is that Sprint will role it out in the fall, AT&T in the early Winter, and Verizon not until after the first of the yea.r
    We'll have to see it roll out on the international version first
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    Maybe an update will be out by Mondey. We do not know If it is official update or a leak.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    The S4 was built with 4.2, so not really a fair comparison. The update it got was one that fixes bugs in the system. I would guess 4.2 will come to the US versions about 3 or 4 months after the international one.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    It is in the works.

    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  8. #8  
    rando991's Avatar

    Posts
    550 Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Rooted

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    The S4 was built with 4.2, so not really a fair comparison. The update it got was one that fixes bugs in the system. I would guess 4.2 will come to the US versions about 3 or 4 months after the international one.
    Wasn't comparing. I just said the S4 has 4.2.2, so it shouldn't be too long for the S3 to get it.
  9. #9  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,622 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,897 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    Quote Originally Posted by rando991 View Post
    Wasn't comparing. I just said the S4 has 4.2.2, so it shouldn't be too long for the S3 to get it.
    True, but it will most likely be after the international version get it first. At least, that is they way it was with updates to the S2, and S3.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    The word is "Patience."
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

    Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Any word on the s3 getting 4.2 JB?

    Not every device is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.
    I like your sig!
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

    If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

    Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Any word on the new GS3 colors?
    By northman11 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:50 AM
  2. Any word on the radio yet?
    By Subliminal in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 10:56 PM
  3. Any word on the real reason why AT&T doesnt have the SII in store
    By mrmercedes22 in forum AT&T Galaxy S II
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 01:29 PM
  4. Any word on the Transformer with a cellular radio?
    By tdosthp in forum ASUS EeePad Transformer
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 03:25 PM
  5. Any word on the Samsung 8.9" Tab?
    By Wildo6882 in forum Misc. Tablet Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2011, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

B