Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Play store (no connection retry)

Quote Originally Posted by SAnd15 View Post
    If you have Freedom uninstall it , that worked for me!
    This works for me. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by SAnd15 View Post
    If you have Freedom uninstall it , that worked for me!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by sathishboom2 View Post
    My play store not working
    There must be a dozen possible fixes in this thread. Have you read the thread, and tried any of them yet? Do that first, and if it still doesn't work let us know. But don't ask us to repeat what you can read just as easily as anyone else.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

we have the same problem

Maybe this might have been helpful if I could download ES File Explorer on the Play Store. Unfortunately, my Play Store is not working that's why I've come here. Thanks for the help anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy Lomboy View Post
    we have the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ncarlosmiguel View Post
    Maybe this might have been helpful if I could download ES File Explorer on the Play Store. Unfortunately, my Play Store is not working that's why I've come here. Thanks for the help anyway.
    I don't see anyone suggesting downloading ES from the Play Store. I do see half a dozen other suggestions. Have you tried any of them?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

my play store has not been working for the last 36 hours and i have tried everything on this thread. My phone was rooted and i unrooted it rebooted, deleted freedom, tried the airplane mode, tried wifi and mobile data, tried ##72786# and got an error saying connection problem or invalid MMI code, i tried to create a new google account but everytime i get to the screen where i make a gmail email account it says the email is already taken which it is not bcuz i have tried hundreds of wild names, and lastly i have even factory reset and it still does not let me connect and i cant even sign in now bcuz it says there was a connection error while signing in. my phone is a LG Optimus Pro G e980

Quote Originally Posted by dman1092 View Post
    my play store has not been working for the last 36 hours and i have tried everything on this thread. My phone was rooted and i unrooted it rebooted, deleted freedom, tried the airplane mode, tried wifi and mobile data, tried ##72786# and got an error saying connection problem or invalid MMI code, i tried to create a new google account but everytime i get to the screen where i make a gmail email account it says the email is already taken which it is not bcuz i have tried hundreds of wild names, and lastly i have even factory reset and it still does not let me connect and i cant even sign in now bcuz it says there was a connection error while signing in. my phone is a LG Optimus Pro G e980
    Finally found a way to fix the store for me.

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store.
    2. Install it in your Device.
    3. Open Total Commander and goto Root of System. (/ )
    4. Open the etc folder.
    5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
    6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
    7. Save the file.
    8. Reboot your device
    9. Add Google Account
    10. Done!

I know it says download total commander from the app store but just go to this link since anyone here looking for a solution obviously can't access the play store.
    Total Commander - Android

Once you download the apk move it to your phone via usb connection and then go to your phone and use any type of file manager app to access the apk and install it then follow the instructions listed above. This worked for me when everything else failed so i figured i would help anyone else in my situation.

May Google reward you with a bunch of money! You saved me a lot of hassle!!! Love you (nohomo ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy Long View Post
    I had the same issue and I just had to fix the time and date. It was way off and the play store will not connect if it is wrong.
    May Google reward you with a bunch of money! You saved me a lot of hassle!!! Love you (nohomo ^^)
    Thanked by:

Lightbulb Re: Play store (no connection retry)

Another thing you can try is: -

Open the phone dialler and type *#9900# to open SysDump then press the "...fast dormancy" button.
    On my Samsung Galaxy Ace, this is the fifth option down.
    (If it was on, the button will show "disable..." - If it was off, the button will show "enable...")

Maybe your mobile network (carrier) transfers data better with this off, or it's better switched on. Play Store can be very fussy about data connection quality, unlike a lot of other apps. Perhaps this is because it uses a constant stream of background data.

Wow, spent ages trying different things. Didn't even notice the time and date was wrong! This worked first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Itzik Ashkenazi View Post
    This youtube video helped me.

I am sure it is the best trick.. specially since the first instruction is to download ES Explorer from play stores... very smart indeed!! If I could download from play store, I would not be on this page

I had the same issue and I just had to fix the time and date. It was way off and the play store will not connect if it is wrong.
    You're a genius! Worked like a charm. Thank you very much

I have tried the "force stop, clear data, clear cache" but then again my play store still isn't working. What will I do? I wanna install tumblr so bad. Play store still says "retry" and "no connection" even though I'm connected to the internet. Please help me

went into cwm reinstalled gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip and works perfect so try that if you have trouble

Download Apptoid Through Your Web Browser Then Try Downloading ES File Explorer Hope This Helps

Try Adjusting The Time And Date Manually!

It worked after resetting the time & date - even thou it was correct at that moment....terima kasih.

Try this one.. Download Android Device ID 1.2.1 Apk | Flash Apk.. i think there is something wrong with your google service framework.. cause mine have the same problem... i tried many solutions, even factory reset.. but nothing to it.. after I tried this the google play start working...(sorry for the bad english)...

Check your settings and toggle your airplane mode and also your mobile data should be on. Found my son turned off mobile data, even though I was connected to wireless nothing worked until that was turned back on!

Quote Originally Posted by Mior Amin Aimran View Post
    Try this one.. Download Android Device ID 1.2.1 Apk | Flash Apk.. i think there is something wrong with your google service framework.. cause mine have the same problem... i tried many solutions, even factory reset.. but nothing to it.. after I tried this the google play start working...(sorry for the bad english)...
    Hi Mior,

Your English is fine.

I just wondered: when you used the Android Device ID software to reveal the Google Services Framework ID (and various other IDs related to your device), what did you do afterwards to "fix" the Google Services Framework and hence the Play Store?

I have the same problem only mines on my tablet and I don't have air a plane mode PLZ HELP NEED QUICK FEEDBACK ONLY HAVE INTERNET FOR A LITTLE WHILE THX

Exactly what my problem was! Although, as I last used my tablet 2 months ago, and it was fine, I'm not sure how my date got changed to 1/3/2012 4:33am.. huh....
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast