Play store (no connection retry)

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Right on for your help. But its still the same.

Yeah it's weird and doesn't always work. Usually, but not always. I think there's a bad handoff between the various speeds that fouls it up. If I set my phone to CDMA only, I don't encounter the problem.

aznberry

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's weird and doesn't always work. Usually, but not always. I think there's a bad handoff between the various speeds that fouls it up. If I set my phone to CDMA only, I don't encounter the problem.
This is my 3rd time with this issue. I'm always on LTE mode.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had it happen too (we probably all have). Try restarting your phone. I've found that to work every time. It also happens with FB from time to time.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
You can also try logging out of google, then log back in.

Also go to app manager, go to playstore and clear cache.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried turning off the lte and use 3g?
I'm at a loss short of doing a factory reset. There is a code to reset data. But I haven't found yet. Still trying to find it.

Ok data reset code is ##72786#. Do this on dialer pad. Once it takes your phone may reboot a couple of times.

Sent from my GS3 sporting Wicked Sensations...

Last edited:

Mrlovkim

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. this is the second time this has happened to me and the first time I had to reset my S3 and took a long time to get back to where I had it, thought I had to do it again then read about the airplane mode and it worked......YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

habitaddict

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, No connection - retry in Play Store can mean lots of things.

Another solution that you might like to try involves the creation of a new Google account (this worked for me because I did not want to perform a Factory Reset): -

1. Close Play Store if it is open.
  2. Click on the following options in turn:
    Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> All -> Google Play Store -> Clear Data -> OK
    Settings -> Accounts and sync -> Add account -> Google -> Next -> Create
  3. Follow the prompts to set up a new Google account.
  4. Start Play Store. Once you have accepted the licence agreement, Play Store should now connect to the Internet and start working again.
  5. Press the Menu button then select Accounts and pick your old Google account from the list (this will restore your installed applications and purchases).

Unfortunately, your Android applications will now be associated with the new Google Account.

You can manually open any applications (GMail, GTalk/Hangouts, etc.) associated with the new Google Account and configure them to use the old one.

-------------------- WARNING: DIFFICULT --------------------

Removing the new Google account can be tricky.

If you aren't allowed to delete the account using the Remove account option under Settings -> Accounts and sync -> Manage accounts list -> Your new google account, the only way to delete this account without performing a Factory Reset is as follows: -

(Steps 3, 5 and 6 are not necessary if you have an SQL database editing program on your Android phone.)

1. Make sure your phone has been ROOTED.
  2. Back up the file /data/system/accounts.db
  3. Copy the file to your computer.
  4. Edit the file in an SQL database editing program by deleting the row relating to the new Google account from the accounts table. (I used the SQLite Manager plugin for Mozilla Firefox to edit the file).
  5. Move the edited file back to the /data/system folder on the phone.
  6. BEFORE REBOOTING THE PHONE, do a chown system.root and chmod 660 on the file using ADB or a terminal emulator. (Rebooting the phone will refresh the list of Google accounts on the phone - failure to chown and chmod as above will result in a bootloop as the Android system doesn't have permission to access the accounts.db file)
  7. After the reboot, your Android applications will automatically connect to the old Google account if it is the only remaining Google account on your phone.

Optionally, you may now delete the new Google account from cyberspace if you go to https://accounts.google.com/DeleteAccount
and log in using the new Google account.

Last edited:

Deemoe_NYC

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem and trying to open the app and it just hangs there... I'm about to take the phone back to the store right after putting a hammer to it!!!...Just bought the S4 Active and not about to have a phone with no apps!!! Woo-saaa!!! :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech