Google play connection time out

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a lot of connection time outs when trying to access the Google play store. I either have to keep pressing retry several times or restart the phone. Is this a Sprint data connection issue or an issue with the Google play store?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I had assumed it was a bad signal on my part. My area is currently going through the upgrade phase to 4G. Hasn't happened much. Maybe clearing the cache on Play through the Application Manager?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had assumed it was a bad signal on my part. My area is currently going through the upgrade phase to 4G. Hasn't happened much. Maybe clearing the cache on Play through the Application Manager?

Probably is due to the upgrading. I'm in Chicago and my hotspot signal tends to go in and out. I was told by Sprint that it was the upgrade process and everything should be finalized in July. They actually gave me a courtesy discount of $40 per month through July. Like I've said before, we should always check with Sprint's customer service when we have a problem we can't solve.

lordfire00

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting a lot of connection time outs when trying to access the Google play store. I either have to keep pressing retry several times or restart the phone. Is this a Sprint data connection issue or an issue with the Google play store?

Posted via Android Central App

one thing i recommend trying is.. go into your menue >>>settings and do a PRL/PROFILE update.. then reboot phone.

Lee Giroux

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Same issue, started last week. Was on 4.4.1. Did soak test to 4.4.2 yesterday. Same problem. Tried all the tips, nothing. Weird thing though. I can enter something in the search box and it takes me to apps and i can download. Can't get back in afterwards though

rjm80

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine started last week when my LG G2 got the OTA. I've had luck disabling the automatic time\date and DST to get it to load, but its still less than 50\50.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Funny how long this problem has been around without resolution on Google's part - I just started having the problem about three weeks ago, with no other network-related issues.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Becky James

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Ive been having this problem for almost a week to no avail. I've tried everything. And straight talk is no help. [ some comments removed by moderator ]

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Becky,
I don't think the problem is with your carrier.
What happens when you're using Wi-Fi?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had an issue similar to this for quite a while. Was hoping that the 4.3 update would have fixed it but it still persists. For me the though, the issue happens on WIFI and not 3G/4G and only happens on certain places when I am on WIFI. Unfortunately my house is one of the places.

When the issue occurs, the only way to fix it is to reboot the phone. I haven't come across anything else that will work. I have seen mention of making sure the clock is right or removing your google account and I have even factory reset the phone a couple of times try and fix this problem.

This affects the play store, youtube, hangouts, and google+. Basically any app that uses Google services but does not affect the ability to access the Internet. It has to be something in Samsung ROM because at various times I have rooted and installed Cyanogenmod and the issue goes away. One I go back to a touchwiz ROM the issue returns. Since my town has finally gotten usable 3G and 4G its not that bad because I can just stay on 4G the whole time and minimize the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO