Any Reason Google Play Music Is Always Running?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Since the latest (GPM) update any time I check the task manager Google Play Music is always running. I can end it, but it returns anyway. I haven't used it in a few days, just wondering if this is the new norm, doesn't use CPU just RAM and probably battery.

tfbrown69

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Since the latest (GPM) update any time I check the task manager Google Play Music is always running. I can end it, but it returns anyway. I haven't used it in a few days, just wondering if this is the new norm, doesn't use CPU just RAM and probably battery.
I had that same issue,i rolled back the update to previous and it stopped....

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
On my phone, it's shown as inactive, using zero CPU. If another app needs the memory Google will kill Play Music when needed, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Gary Squires

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
my s2 (us cellular) will lose signal when im on facebook/youtube/etc and power off with a full charge and power back on long enough to let me know the battery is critically low. when i connect it to the charger for the umpteenth time daily its 'fully charged' within minutes. usually go through this twice an hour. any thoughts/suggestions?? ive had to send it off twice now and it always comes back with a 'clean bill of health'

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
my s2 (us cellular) will lose signal when im on facebook/youtube/etc and power off with a full charge and power back on long enough to let me know the battery is critically low. when i connect it to the charger for the umpteenth time daily its 'fully charged' within minutes. usually go through this twice an hour. any thoughts/suggestions?? ive had to send it off twice now and it always comes back with a 'clean bill of health'

This is the SPRINT S3 forum.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

This is the SPRINT S3 forum.

Not only that, but this is a thread about Google Play, not battery issues.

herecomesmaggi

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

First of all please learn to post in correct forum. :mad:
Try Any of the free battery calibration app from play store. Seems like bad battery info from old flash.
Don't know about signal though :p

Flowed from Burst !

adlebo

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Google Play Music was driving me crazy also. There is no reason that it should always be running. Don't care if it's normal or not. It must be a bug.
Anyways, for me, since I never use the app anyways, I had an easy fix. I'm rooted and have titanium backup. So I just " froze" the app and that was the last time I ever heard of it! If I ever need it in the future I'll just "defrost" it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith