Voicemail update

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got the notification that an update was available for the voicemail application. Apparently the update allows for use off premium features through ad-support. If I upgrade, is there a way to go back?

Posted via Android Central App

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got the notification that an update was available for the voicemail application. Apparently the update allows for use off premium features through ad-support. If I upgrade, is there a way to go back?

You can always unistall updates thru app manager.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
According to the update notice, at least two of the premium features are inline playback and auto forward to e-mail. What exactly will inline playback do that would be a benefit towards updating the voicemail?

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
What is the deal with this update? What is inline playback?

And how do I make this notification go away? I don't think I want ad supported anything from Sprint. I pay them enough money. I don't want ads in voicemail shoved down my throat.

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
What is the deal with this update? What is inline playback?

And how do I make this notification go away? I don't think I want ad supported anything from Sprint. I pay them enough money. I don't want ads in voicemail shoved down my throat.

I have updated voicemail and nothing about ad supported features.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
So what's in the update? What is inline playback?

The update window says "With this update, you wil be able to enjoy premium Ad-supported features such as inline playback and auto forward to email."

It's ridiculous that you have to pay for visual voicemail and then they want to stick ads into something that you are already paying for. God I hate sprint.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
So what's in the update? What is inline playback?

The update window says "With this update, you wil be able to enjoy premium Ad-supported features such as inline playback and auto forward to email."

It's ridiculous that you have to pay for visual voicemail and then they want to stick ads into something that you are already paying for. God I hate sprint.

I'm assuming in line playback is where you play messages directly from your call log and don't have to call a number. You can get that free with Google Voice.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Anglawa

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Ditto! On top of this, their default is to add the ads without asking, and then today I realized that I have received 3 messages that I heard beep but there was no record of them being anywhere at all. It was only after dialing my voice mail that I got them...so they force the ads down your throat, and they don't even do the"online playback" they "offer"in exchange! I just unselected the ads, if only I could find an app that does what sprint is dosed to do for your phone for free!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781