1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New update available?

Last night I got a message saying there was a system update available. Now I have already updated to MD4 and I am on 4.1.2. Has anyone else received this update and does anyone know what it is? I am rooted so I didnt try and install it yet. Thanks.

Default Re: New update available?

sounds like a carrier update

I haven't gotten anything since MD4. Actually, I didn't get the MD4 notification either, since I manually updated first, but I haven't gotten anything since then.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I got this message today too. Not installing it until I know what's up. I know Verizon recently got a major S3 update with multiwindow and such. Is that coming to Sprint?

Quote Originally Posted by uscpsycho View Post
    I got this message today too. Not installing it until I know what's up. I know Verizon recently got a major S3 update with multiwindow and such. Is that coming to Sprint?
    That has already come to Sprint. It's the MD4 upgrade referred to above. If you're not yet on MB4, that's likely what you're getting. The OP, however, said he's on MD4 already.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

Does anyone know if the 4.1.2 update for VZW Note 2 will make it compatible with their upcoming AWS LTE upgraded network.

Yep, I am still on MB1. Surprised I'm just now getting MD4 since it's been out so long.

Quote Originally Posted by sydewayzsoundz View Post
    Last night I got a message saying there was a system update available. Now I have already updated to MD4 and I am on 4.1.2. Has anyone else received this update and does anyone know what it is? I am rooted so I didnt try and install it yet. Thanks.
    Did you ever figure out what this was? Just a about half an hour ago, I noticed my screen light up. It seemed to have rebooted! Then there was a message that an update is being installed? I didn't get any notification of an update. Just seemed to install. I've been on MD4 for awhile so it wasn't that. Has anyone else had a non MD4 update recently?
    EVOlution: Original Palm Pre --> HTC EVO Shift --> Samsung Galaxy S3 --> Nexus 5

I haven't seen anything but then again i'm not really on stock MD4. I'm on MOAR so don't think ill be getting that update soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Did you ever figure out what this was? Just a about half an hour ago, I noticed my screen light up. It seemed to have rebooted! Then there was a message that an update is being installed? I didn't get any notification of an update. Just seemed to install. I've been on MD4 for awhile so it wasn't that. Has anyone else had a non MD4 update recently?

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Nah..I was on the Goodness ROM and it was doing it up until last night when I switched my ROM back to Wicked Sensations....so far so good

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gotta have it android View Post
    I haven't seen anything but then again i'm not really on stock MD4. I'm on MOAR so don't think ill be getting that update soon
    Speaking of MOAR - is it available for the sg4?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by ihbsbA View Post
    Speaking of MOAR - is it available for the sg4?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.
    Not right now, only GS3.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

EVO 4G...Digital Twinturbo-retired

Global Posts
    804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seanskiT1 View Post
    Not right now, only GS3.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked
    Thanks