Android File Transfer cannot transfer larger files

mmattson07

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I am having a problem transferring larger files (>100MB) to my MacBook Pro using Android File Transfer. I have my Galaxy S3 cabled to my MBP with what I believe is an OEM Samsung cable (not the one that came with my phone). Phone is in Media device (MTP) mode. I navigate to the DCIM\Camera folder on Android File Transfer and I seem to be able to transfer pictures fine, but when I attempt to transfer video files, which are large, I get "Cannot replace file" Cannot copy file. Then it displays "Can't access device storage If your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB cable". I have made sure my screen is not locked during any part of the transfer, yet it still seems to error out after transferring 50-100 MB. I WAS able to get one video file about 285 MB over but when I tried the next video file, it exhibited the same behavior as before (error about halfway through). I am not sure if this is an issue with the cable maybe not being data transfer capable, but it that were the case, I would figure any kind of data transfer would not be possible. Has anyone experienced this with the software and/or have a solution?

Thanks,
Matt

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I am having a problem transferring larger files (>100MB) to my MacBook Pro using Android File Transfer. I have my Galaxy S3 cabled to my MBP with what I believe is an OEM Samsung cable (not the one that came with my phone). Phone is in Media device (MTP) mode. I navigate to the DCIM\Camera folder on Android File Transfer and I seem to be able to transfer pictures fine, but when I attempt to transfer video files, which are large, I get "Cannot replace file" Cannot copy file. Then it displays "Can't access device storage If your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB cable". I have made sure my screen is not locked during any part of the transfer, yet it still seems to error out after transferring 50-100 MB. I WAS able to get one video file about 285 MB over but when I tried the next video file, it exhibited the same behavior as before (error about halfway through). I am not sure if this is an issue with the cable maybe not being data transfer capable, but it that were the case, I would figure any kind of data transfer would not be possible. Has anyone experienced this with the software and/or have a solution?

Thanks,
Matt

You can try a coupke things. Make sure you have the most updated drivers installed. If that doesn't work, you can transfer to an Sd card, and move that way. Data transfer via cable is slower than reading off a card anyway.

Sent from a M.O.A.R. Galaxy S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca