Problems connecting to WiFi

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering what has caused some difficulty in connecting to wireless networks.

The phone will show wireless connections are available, and I will pull down the notification bar and see there are open networks available (no apparent security).

One of two things will happen at this point. I select the network, and the phone can't seem to connect to the network even though the network has a strong signal. The other thing that will happen is I will connect to the wireless network, but there is no data connection even though the signal is strong.

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
A great many of these free WiFi networks provided by business (restaurants, coffee shops, hotels, etc.) require you to access their site with a browser and accept their terms and conditions before actually getting internet access. They're generally geared to PCs and Macs. In some cases you can do this on a cell phone by opening a new browser window or tab, maybe by hitting refresh or trying to open a new website (Hyatt hotels suggests trying to load google). The WiFi hosting service is supposed to intercept the browser request, take you to their terms and conditions page, and only then allow you through to the internet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2