Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow Why doesn't my S3 remember Wifi profiles & passwords anymore?

My ability to connect to WiFi access points used to be automatic: I'd come home and my phone would pick up my WiFi...same thing heading to my friend's house, just had to put the password in one time long ago and then every time after it would pick it up.

But now, it's like my phone has amnesia - never remembering the many wifi profiles and passwords I've previously input. So my user experience has gone from 'seamless' in this respect to constantly having to re-enter wifi profile and password info anytime i want to connect to any of my usual wifi spots.

I'm not rooted, and the only major changes that i can point to that's changed since I had the seamless wifi experience are clearing the phone's cache through recovery and updating via OTA to MD4. Any ideas? You fine folks are the best! Thanks!

Default Re: Why doesn't my S3 remember Wifi profiles & passwords anymore?

Are you logged into your Google account? It should remember.

Have you tried deleting the existing profile(s) and recreating them? Do the access points have hidden SSIDs?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

I had a problem like this, but on an Xperia TL. Nothing on the internet helped me. I just kept digging around on my phone until I discovered the darn thing had a local wifi networks switch that was turned off. That fixed it for me. On my TL it goes Settings> More> Location Based Wifi and then make sure it is switched on.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That was it, thanks so much!

Hi,

I am hitting the same issue but cannot really find the settings that sorted out the problem for you.
    Please help me.

Thanks.

I have the same issue and the suggested fix is not available on 4.3. I have searched for options, cleared cache and nothing has helped. It is very irritating to have my phone no longer remember (or even ask) when I return home or anyplace that I would normally connect to wi-fi. Most of the time I even have to turn Wi-Fi back on, since it just decides to turn off randomly.