Samsung S3 Blackscreen on startup

Adrian Eka

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

This problem occur after i finished rooting my phone. But when i see this problem came out. I start to uninstall all the root program and even do some factory reset but still this problem still occur.
Is there any solution for this kind of problem?

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You can try repairing it by reflashing it with Odin.
There is a great tutorial on this forum located here.

Edit:
The above link is for the Sprint S3. I assumed from the forum you posted in that that is what you had. If not please do not use that tutorial.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Adrian, do you have a Sprint GS3? If not, do NOT follow the instructions in the post above mine.

ROMs are carrier specific, and trying to flash one meant for a different version of the GS3 than you have can hard brick your phone. Your video is blurry, so it's hard to be sure, but I think you have the i9300 International version of the phone. Before you do ANYTHING else, tell us what version of the phone you have, and your carrier. If you don't have a Sprint phone, you shouldn't be asking in the Sprint forum.

What ROM did you try to flash? It sounds like you flashed one that wasn't designed for your version of the phone.

Can you still boot into recovery? (turn the phone OFF. Press and hold, at the same time, the volume UP, home and power buttons. When you see the Samsung logo, release all three buttons at once. What happens? If you can boot into recovery, you can flash a ROM that will work on your phone, but you must make sure it's a ROM that's designed for your phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This problem occur after i finished rooting my phone. But when i see this problem came out. I start to uninstall all the root program and even do some factory reset but still this problem still occur.
Is there any solution for this kind of problem?

It does look like you have the International version of the S3. What file did you flash to the device? If you can get into download mode, you should still be able to flash the original rom to your device via ODin.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Adrian:

The basic problem is that you flashed a ROM not meant for your model of the S3. Once you've done that a factory reset won't help, because all it does it try to reinstall the same ROM you flashed. Like I said above, all S3s are not the same. You should only flash a ROM that you know is designed for your exact model and carrier of the phone.

After you rooted, but before you flashed the new ROM, did you make a nandroid backup? If so, try to restore that from recovery.

Again, it's really hard to see what's on your phone screen; it's blurry, and you keep moving the phone around. But I think you were able to boot into recovery. If that is correct, you should be able to fix this by flashing a ROM that will work with your phone. Got to the forum dedicated to the i9300: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-siii-i9300/ , tell them the exact model # (look on the box, or take the back off and see what it says under the battery), and what country and carrier you're on. Someone should be able to point you to a good ROM.

If you can't flash a good ROM in recovery, then you should be able to load the original factory ROM using Odin (download mode). Again, people in the forum above should be able to point you to the right ROM once they know your exact model, country and carrier. In the future, ask if the ROM you want to flash will work on your phone BEFORE flashing. And always make a nandroid backup before flashing a new ROM.

Adrian Eka

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
MODEL : GT-I9300
FCC ID : A3LGTI9300A
SSN : -I9300GSMH
RATED : 3.8V ; 2100mA
MADE IN KOREA BY SAMSUNG
CARRIER : CELCOM

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics