Email randomly stopping pushing

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a stock S3. About a week ago I realized I wasn't getting new emails. I have made no changes to the email settings, but now I have to manually refresh to get my email. I checked all my settings and it all looks the same. Any suggestions?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Try clearing cache for the email app. Go To Settings / Application manager, scroll right to the "All" tab, then scroll down until you see the email app. Tap there, then tap the "Clear Cache" button. Force stop the app, then exit settings and reopen the app.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Which email app are you using? What kind of account (e.g., gmail, pop3, imap, Exchange)?

If you haven't already, try deleting the email account (from your phone), then clearing data for the app (same process as clearing cache, but click on the clear data button), and then recreate the account.

mvelasco2

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a stock S3. About a week ago I realized I wasn't getting new emails. I have made no changes to the email settings, but now I have to manually refresh to get my email. I checked all my settings and it all looks the same. Any suggestions?

I had exactly the same problem when using stock email client with corporate Exchange 2003. Same issue when using for pop3 email. Seems to be issue with 4.1.2 and email client, anyway I resolved by flashing MOAR rom and all good now. I tried other TW roms and had same issues until I tried MOAR, I found the resolution by accident really but glad I did.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

av1atrx

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm still not getting any of my email without a manual push. Any other ideas to try? I'm not sophisticated enough to be flashing ROMs, or whatever one previous poster recommended. I just want to know why I stopped getting mail and how to get it again. I went to our Sprint store (which has the absolute worst customer service of all time) and they had no idea why it was doing that but insisted it was my fault. That may very well be, but they couldn't tell me what I did to create the problem (which, of course, was nothing as this is not anything I did). This has become very frustrating. If the store that sold me the phone can't help me, who can?

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had this problem for a few weeks now. It is really odd. I think it started after I updated to 4.1.2. I just changed my sync schedule to 15 minutes whether roaming or not. I'll just have to wait and see.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app