Junk mail notification

scipio11111

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Help! I just started getting notified when mail arrives in my junk folder on my stock S3. Never happened before. Any ideas on how I can turn that off?

Many thanks.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Dude, give us a little time. Even skunkape had a life outside this forum. None of us get paid for this, it's Sunday afternoon, and we have other things to do than sit in front of a computer waiting for your question.

Also, it would help if you gave us a little information to go on. Which email app? What kind of account (e.g., MS Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo.....). Did you recently change anything else about your phone, or update your account settings online.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am sorry you have not yet received an answer to your question. In the future, a little more specific information on the issue can help by a large margin.

Have you recently updated the application?
What mail client are you using?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

sure why not

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a member of a number of forums.
"views" could be anyone including bots, and many are not registered members that could reply.
I looked at this thread but had nothing constructive to say, nor an answer for a question with too little information.
Sorry for my contribution to your anger or frustration.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My earlier post was erased apparently. Too blunt i guess, but meyer is right, as usual. You get what you give........ But there are notification options for individual folders in the stock email app, double check that, and then come back when you mature. I'm surprised I even came back to comment

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My earlier post was erased apparently. Too blunt i guess, but meyer is right, as usual. You get what you give........ But there are notification options for individual folders in the stock email app, double check that, and then come back when you mature. I'm surprised I even came back to comment

No, it was deleted because of the blatant circumventing of the language filter and the inappropriate language that you chose to use, including the attacks on the OP. Which you seemed to have continued in this post. Please do not insult other users maturity. If you would like to further discuss this, please feel free to PM me.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would say, open the app, hit Menu>Settings>and look for either general settings or sounds. In Yahoo! tap the upper left hand corner and that will bring up the menu, and Settings is toward the bottom. However, the last I knew, Yahoo! had no way of silencing any incoming mail, but I also don't get notified of junk, either.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I asked him for some information which could have helped debug the problem, and would still be happy to help him (in spite of his attitude) if he answered those questions, but it doesn't appear he's coming back.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Going to bring this thread back.
This has just started happening to me. I am using a Hotmail account with the stock email app. Set up with MES. It's only happening with my Hotmail account. Not with my live or Outlook that I have set up.
I havent touched the settings before it started happening. It was out of the blue. I have since removed the account then re-added it, and I am still getting notified for junk mail.
Any other ideas....

PS.... I expect and answer in 15 seconds otherwise I will get frustrated and leave angry replies!

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

Tcbemis

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've actually had this problem with my Hotmail account notifying me of junk mail too. When I open the app, often it brings me straight to junk instead of inbox. I think it started over the summer, after having it work perfectly for 10 months. I've played with the settings, changed them, restarted, but nothing makes a difference. If love to know of anyone is able to fix this, but IMO its something I have to live with.
And after the 4.3 update, at least it's just a matter of of using the back button to get to my inbox (before it would kick me out of the app).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

The_New_Normal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes me too (Hotmail, stock mail app on my old S2).

Not a big issue, but if it's only one email them clicking the notification opens the spam, which only encourages the buggers.

The_New_Normal

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm only on 4.1.2 but solution for me was:

In phone settings, sync section, untick everything (mail calendar contacts etc) for Hotmail. Turn phone off and on. Turn mail sync back on.

No more notifications for Nigerian lotto wins

EDIT: bah, junk notifications are back :(

Last edited:

fatman032

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone find a fix for this? I'm using a Samsung S4 with android 4.3. The only account i'm having problems with is my hotmail (outlook.com). Thanks for any help.

Taffy222

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I too started having this problem after the recent update to my Samsung galaxy mega 6.3. I've been through settings and can't seem to switch off notifications from my junk folder