Can you revert to the old Sprint Navigation system?

Stacey Chu

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
It looks like with the new android update, the navigation system on my Samsung Galaxy S3 is now Google Maps, instead of Sprint Navigation. I find this really annoying because I have all of my contacts' addresses synced to my Spring Navigation.

Does anyone know of a way to do any of the following:
1) Unlink google maps to Sprint Navigation so that Sprint Navigation comes back on?
2) Go back to the old Sprint Navigation?
3) Sync your phone's contact addresses to google maps so that it's easy to access from the map app?

Thanks!

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Go to the context menu or left button or whatever it's called and choose manage apps. Find Google Maps and choose it then hit the uninstall updates.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
It looks like with the new android update, the navigation system on my Samsung Galaxy S3 is now Google Maps, instead of Sprint Navigation. I find this really annoying because I have all of my contacts' addresses synced to my Spring Navigation.

Does anyone know of a way to do any of the following:
1) Unlink google maps to Sprint Navigation so that Sprint Navigation comes back on?
2) Go back to the old Sprint Navigation?
3) Sync your phone's contact addresses to google maps so that it's easy to access from the map app?

Thanks!

The old Sprint Navigation is really Telenav GPS Navigator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.app.android.sprint. I have both that and Scout GPS Navigation & Traffic https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telenav.app.android.scout_us installed along side google maps. When I click an address from my contacts it gives me a choice of what to use to Navigate, so hopefully you can install with the links above and it will work for you. By the way, Scout is Telenav's new GPS app, it's replacing the Telenav branded one, all of my saved addresses in the app transferred over, Telenav is no longer updating the Telenav app because they are trying to push everyone to Scout (it has a premium service but I just use the free parts).

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sprint Nav is available through Sprint Zone, I think, if you really like it. But that's not what the old Nav app on your S3 was. See the link in post #2 of this thread for more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084