Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By seanskiT1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Message Error Codes

Hello Galaxy S3 community,

I have been noticing that almost every time I send a text message, I will get a message between 20 seconds and 5 minutes saying "message sent using invalid number of digits. please resent using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114." This happens fairly often and now to the point where I am asking for help on how to fix this. What I have been doing to resolve it is every time I get the error code, I would have to create a new message (instead of opening the conversation) and type in the contacts name and send a message like that. This is very annoying when I have to do this almost every other time I send a text message to someone. The other error message I got (which is not nearly as often as the first error message I presented here) is saying that the message couldn't be delivered due to a temporary network setup error. Error 2112.

If anyone can help me out with this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    13,793 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Text Message Error Codes

Quote Originally Posted by makris0000 View Post
    Hello Galaxy S3 community,

I have been noticing that almost every time I send a text message, I will get a message between 20 seconds and 5 minutes saying "message sent using invalid number of digits. please resent using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114." This happens fairly often and now to the point where I am asking for help on how to fix this. What I have been doing to resolve it is every time I get the error code, I would have to create a new message (instead of opening the conversation) and type in the contacts name and send a message like that. This is very annoying when I have to do this almost every other time I send a text message to someone. The other error message I got (which is not nearly as often as the first error message I presented here) is saying that the message couldn't be delivered due to a temporary network setup error. Error 2112.

If anyone can help me out with this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
    Have you tried updating your profile and PRL in Settings>Update Device?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I can't vouch for either of these, but Google turned up these:

Msg 2114:

Msg 2112:
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I just updated my PRL so ill wait a few days and see if the problem still persists. Should I update the profile too?

Quote Originally Posted by makris0000 View Post
    I just updated my PRL so ill wait a few days and see if the problem still persists. Should I update the profile too?
    It won't hurt anything.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

EVO 4G...Digital Twinturbo-retired
    meyerweb likes this.