- 264 Posts
Aluminum Bumper= Better Signal?
Long story short, I grew tired of my bulky Otterbox and ordered an aluminum bumper from Amazon. I was a little hesitant after reading about the signal issues with metal cases.. I have ran several trials since receiving the bumper, and regardless of where I am in relation to a tower, the signal (dbm) is always lower (better) with the case on.. Have I found an anomaly, or is everything I've read about dbm's wrong?
- 07-24-2013, 05:19 PM #2
Re: Aluminum Bumper= Better Signal?
The antennae in the GS3 are in the back of the phone, not the sides, so if the aluminum is only around the edges of the phone I wouldn't expect it to have much effect on the signal.PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
- By tpdtopcop in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 86Last Post: 08-12-2013, 07:31 PM
- By Google_Superuser in forum T-MobileReplies: 29Last Post: 07-30-2013, 04:56 PM
- By Snareman in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 7Last Post: 07-25-2013, 12:35 AM
- By CrossClown in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 6Last Post: 07-24-2013, 01:32 PM
- By beckybluecat in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2013, 07:43 AM