Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Bloatware

After the last update a lot of Samsung apps are now on my phone and I wish to remove some of them, some are separate icons yet duplicates with just the name changed like Messenger/Hangout is there anyway to remove them.

Default Re: Samsung Bloatware

You can't remove system apps unless you're rooted, with an app like titanium backup. Or you can just hide them.

You can probably disable many of them in the Application manager, in settings. But Hangouts and messaging are not the same thing. Messaging is the stock text message app. Hangouts is a new Google service (not Samsung).
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    22,135 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by duddy23b View Post
    After the last update a lot of Samsung apps are now on my phone and I wish to remove some of them, some are separate icons yet duplicates with just the name changed like Messenger/Hangout is there anyway to remove them.
    Here is how you can disable apps: [Guide] Disabling apps on Galaxy S3 and Tab 2...No root required

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here