Power Button confirmed as faulty.....solution?

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So I have since upgraded to a Note 2 because of the faulty power button on my s3...poor phone.

Main question is, is there a fix for this?

Basically it is loose inside or something to that effect and unless held properly it just reboots and renders it useless.

I'd either like to give this to a friend or sell it but broken it's worth almost nothing.

Hell if I can get it working good again it's just my new media hub.

Much appreciated gents!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
If you're brave enough, you can disassemble the SGSIII and find out what is causing the faulty power button. Of course you can sell it for a cheaper price and leave the buyer to bear the phone's power button-related burden. ;)
Also, The Galaxy S3 is somewhat known for it's faulty power button, similiar to that of the Galaxy SII.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Also, The Galaxy S3 is somewhat known for it's faulty power button, similiar to that of the Galaxy SII.

Do you have any data to support this? I just searched the forums, and found maybe half a dozen posts about faulty power buttons, one of which was caused by physical damage to the phone. Consider the thousands of members here, and the 40 million + GS3s sold, I don't see any evidence that this is a common problem, or that this device is "known" for faulty power buttons.

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Since the day I bought my S3, my power button has rocked back and forth and has felt loose, for lack of a better term.. I wonder if the local Sprint repair corporate store will fix it?

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Since the day I bought my S3, my power button has rocked back and forth and has felt loose, for lack of a better term.. I wonder if the local Sprint repair corporate store will fix it?

If you have insurance they should fix it. Otherwise they will fix, you'll just have to pay for it.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The silver plastic button on the outside of your phone isn't the actual switch. The switch is rigidly mounted to the motherboard, and this is just a plastic cover that extends outside the case. It's not actually attached to the real switch at all. Look at this video, starting a bit before the 8 minutes mark:

This is why you never want to break your smartphone screen | Android Central

It's perfectly normal for the silver plastic piece to move around, and there's nothing wrong with your phone at all.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What I'm really saying is don't worry about it. Mine rocks back and forth a bit, so does my son's. Unless the button doesn't always work, I would risk opening up and disassembling the phone just to mess with a little plastic button.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci