Battery Drain

ramsv94

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Lately my S3 has been loosing charge like mad. It is loosing what seems like 1% every 2-3 mins. Also recently i have noticed sometimes my battery % will skyrocket down. This morning i took my phone off the charger and minutes later shot down 60% from 100%. What could it be from?

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have the same problem. I think it's due to the latest OTA update... 4.1.2.. Before I updated my battery was fine and didnt change any settings downloaded new apps etc.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You may find that those threads are crap also. They all list fixes, none of which are consistent. I think the answer is simply that the 4.1.2 update coupled with touchwhiz, plus his big screen, means that the S3 now has crap battery life. Add that to Sprint's weak signal, and the fact that the Galaxy phones have very very poor radios. The wifi uses a lot of power to get a signal, and the cell radio uses a LOT of power to find a signal and keep it to use the data or make calls.

I applied each and every fix listed above. None of them worked.

EDIT: My friends at work on AT&T and Verizon have much better battery life than I get. The iPhone tools also kill this phone is reception and signal. The one HTC One person also keeps a better signal, and has better battery life. if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I guess I don't consider this "crap battery life." Yes, I was on WiFi, but 21 hours (with 25% battery left) with 3 hours of screen on time seems more than acceptable. And yes, this is a Sprint device on 4.1.2.

Screenshot_2013-07-28-19-43-42.png

Screenshot_2013-07-28-19-43-37.png

Screenshot_2013-07-28-19-43-46.png

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Sure. You get 21 hours, as long as you don't use the cell radio to make calls, or get data. It works decent over wifi, but even then, 3 hours, of screen time, is actually not very good. It's great for us Galaxy users, but that's because we don't know any better.

Make some calls, use that cell radio, watch that battery life drain in front of your eyes.

Hell, even your graph shows long periods of non use, and when you did wake it up to use it, the battery drain was steep and fast, so you put it back in sleep and didn't use it for a few more hours.

That said, you used almost zero mobile netowrk signal, which murders that battery. Any device can get a good battery graph with wifi.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000