Weird GS3 Problem

aeckman

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Once every hour or so my phone would randomly turn off, I thought it was the battery so I replaced that. Now, while in use the screen will go fuzzy for a few seconds then shut down and not restart for a few minutes. The even more weird part is that when it restarts, I loose a ton of battery! It had 35% battery when it restarted, and upon powering it up it had 1% left. Its been factory restarted, and running the stock ROM.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Once every hour or so my phone would randomly turn off, I thought it was the battery so I replaced that. Now, while in use the screen will go fuzzy for a few seconds then shut down and not restart for a few minutes. The even more weird part is that when it restarts, I loose a ton of battery! It had 35% battery when it restarted, and upon powering it up it had 1% left. Its been factory restarted, and running the stock ROM.

Welcome to the forums!
Even though this should have been covered by the reset, have you cleared cache in recovery?

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Turn the phone off. Then hold the power button and volume up. Choose recovery mode (you scroll down the list with the volume keys). Let it do its thing and you should get another list, one will be for clearing the cache. Do that and then reboot thee phone.

Edit: I think I remembered that correctly

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Almost. You need to hold Volume up, Power and HOME. One you see the Samsung logo, release all three buttons. Then you'll see the recovery menu.

But a Factory Reset will clear cache, so I don't expect this to make any difference. It won't hurt to try, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2