Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default So Firmware update question

Just wondering what's going on with updates for the S3. The news regarding updates has been rather quiet. The S3 has received one major update, while in comparison, the S4 has received two major updates (4.2 to 4.3). I know there a lot of factors that go into whether a phone gets an update, but there hasn't been many announcements or even rumours regarding the future of the S3.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: So Firmware update question

There is no telling when updates come. The S3 will have more updates at some point. But I do know the S4 is not on 4.3 yet. It is still on 4.2.2. I have an S4 beside me as I type this.

sent from my GS3 running Wicked
    GS3...Wicked Sensations

EVO 4G...Digital Twinturbo-retired

The Google Edition S4 (plain vanilla Android) is getting an update to 4.3, but the full Samsung version probably won't see it for a while.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    22,170 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by cb2367 View Post
    Just wondering what's going on with updates for the S3. The news regarding updates has been rather quiet. The S3 has received one major update, while in comparison, the S4 has received two major updates (4.2 to 4.3). I know there a lot of factors that go into whether a phone gets an update, but there hasn't been many announcements or even rumours regarding the future of the S3.

Posted via Android Central App
    Hard to say when updates arrive at devices, as carriers can slow them down quite a bit too. Also, The S4 shipped with 4.2 and will get 4.3. That is only 1 major update.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I to am waiting for Android 4.2 when is it coming. Promised IN july then August come on now

Aruba galaxy s3

Global Posts
    22,170 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gold View Post
    I to am waiting for Android 4.2 when is it coming. Promised IN july then August come on now

Aruba galaxy s3
    Probably delayed due to bugs. Sometimes it's better to wait, than to get it right away and deal with bugs that shouldn't be there.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gold View Post

Aruba galaxy s3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Skipping Android 4.2.2 Update Over Android 4.3 or Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie? - International Business Times
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)