Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hitsmanj
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Transfering picture from old S3 to new S3 (old one has cracked screen)

I read another thread on how to transfer pictures from my broken S3 to my new device through the board. I unscrewed both, and attached the new phone to the old one, but when I turned it on, it was just a blank screen. What could I be doing wrong? Do both phones need to be on? I only have 1 battery, so do both need to have batteries as well? Thanks for the help. These are all pictures of my baby from about 5 months on and I would die if I lost them :-( I will be smart next time and back them up!!!

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Default Re: Transfering picture from old S3 to new S3 (old one has cracked screen)

I would connect the old phone to a computer and then drag and drop the photos to a file on the computer. I'm reasonably sure you will need the phone to be powered on to do this. If you still want the photos on your new phone, then connect it to the computer and download the photos from there.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    22,110 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Transfering picture from old S3 to new S3 (old one has cracked screen)

Quote Originally Posted by Piffer28 View Post
    I read another thread on how to transfer pictures from my broken S3 to my new device through the board. I unscrewed both, and attached the new phone to the old one, but when I turned it on, it was just a blank screen. What could I be doing wrong? Do both phones need to be on? I only have 1 battery, so do both need to have batteries as well? Thanks for the help. These are all pictures of my baby from about 5 months on and I would die if I lost them :-( I will be smart next time and back them up!!!
    Welcome to the forums! I completely agree with connecting to a PC and drag and drop. Does 2 things. Transfers the files, and makes copies.

Quote Originally Posted by hitsmanj View Post
    I would connect the old phone to a computer and then drag and drop the photos to a file on the computer. I'm reasonably sure you will need the phone to be powered on to do this. If you still want the photos on your new phone, then connect it to the computer and download the photos from there.
    +1

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here