Phone Info set as administrator

pookster54

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently changed my lock screen to unlock using a swipe pattern. Well, I hate it and want to go back to the original settings-just swiping the screen to unlock it. However, I go into Settings - Lock Screen - Screen Lock, but most of the options are greyed out. Swipe, Motion, Face unlock, Face and voice, & None are all greyed out, with this message below them: Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage. So, I go into Settings - Security, and it tells me that Phone Info is the administrator (under Device Administration). I try to remove that by hitting deactivate. Nothing happens. Also, below the Phone Info is the Android Device Manager. This is not checked, and I'm very hesitant to select it because it tells me that Google Play services can *Erase all data; *Change the screen-unlock password; *Lock the screen. Obviously that makes me uncomfortable.

From everything I've seen online, it looks like I need to make myself the device administrator. But I don't know how to do that! My phone is not rooted...I don't even know what that is and from what I've seen, I don't think I need it to be. I'm not sure what other information to give, other than my phone is Model# SPH-L710; Android version 4.1.2; and Hardware version L710.14. If anyone can help me figure this out without having to restore my phone to factory settings, I would greatly appreciate it!

justus22012

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
We have the same issue. I called Sprint Tech and they said IT IS NOT NORMAL. You are the device admin. No one else should have control of your phone. TECH told me that this is only like this if you are part of a corporation. So they have to replace it cuz its impossible to remove. Hard reset...

Power off phone.
While off hold down the down volume and button on bottom. While doing that press the power button. When you see the samsung symbol let go. Clear the cache...then factory reset. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995