1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn off sound when phone plugged in

Please tell me there is a way to turn off the sound the phone makes when it is plugged into a charger? I am not rooted and would prefer to stay that way for simplicity sake. This sound is bugging the crap out of me.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Default Re: Turn off sound when phone plugged in

Try System Settings - Accessory and then uncheck make sound when docked and see if that works. Just guessing since I am rooted and don't have that happen.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah still makes the beep noise when being plugged in....

There's no way to turn it off if your not rooted.
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously

You can use a profile manager. Setting Profiles will do this, and probably other similar products:

PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok I will try to figure out this profile manager...so far can't get the sound to stop

What you need to do is create a profile that has all sounds turned off. Call it "Silent" of something like that. Then create a rule with a condition for Battery, plugged into any charger, and an action to activate profile "Silent."

You will probably also want to create a default profile that has sounds turned on. When you plug the phone into a charger, SP will recognize that event, and start the "Silent" profile. When you unplug it, the phone will revert to the default profile.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

I was never able to turn my wifes sounds off without rooting it. But it's really easy if you do decide to root, and there's a ton of other noises you can cancel out too, like all of the camera!!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    What you need to do is create a profile that has all sounds turned off. Call it "Silent" of something like that. Then create a rule with a condition for Battery, plugged into any charger, and an action to activate profile "Silent."

You will probably also want to create a default profile that has sounds turned on. When you plug the phone into a charger, SP will recognize that event, and start the "Silent" profile. When you unplug it, the phone will revert to the default profile.
    Wouldn't this make all notifications "silent" when the phone is plugged in then?

- - - Updated - - -

What is the easily way to root? I mean as basic and non-time consuming as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsparham View Post
    What is the easily way to root? I mean as basic and non-time consuming as possible.
    Very informative thread on how to root the Sprint Galaxy S3. [GUIDE] UPDATED: How to Root Your Sprint Galaxy S3.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Ok I will check it out at home.... Is it easy? I'm pretty tech savvy but I don't like taking risks

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Wouldn't this make all notifications "silent" when the phone is plugged in then?

- - - Updated - - -

My apologies, I misread your post. I thought you wanted to silence the phone while it was plugged in, not just get rid of the noise it makes at the time you plug it in. My mistake.

I second Chloe's recommendation. I've rooted several time following that method. It is safe if you follow the directions, but there is always some risk, I suppose. Since you're in the Sprint forum I assume you have a Sprint phone. Don't follow those instructions if you have a different carrier version or the international one.

I would suggest reading the first post carefully. Then read through the entire thread. You'll see what mistakes others made, and know not to do the same thing. Then go back and reread the first post, downloading all the linked files and setting everything up as instructed. Finally, step through the post again, following it one step at a time as you root.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Did you turn your system volume all the way down? You can keep the notifications loud so you don't lose that, just a thought.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Yeah my system sounds are already all the way off but it still makes the sound.

Ok I will check it out at home.... Is it easy? I'm pretty tech savvy but I don't like taking risks

It made it easy for me. I never rooted a device before the S3. Like meyerweb mentioned, there are risks, as always when rooting, but as long as you follow step by step (and you have a Sprint S3), you should not have a problem.

If you do encounter a problem, there is usually someone that can help you out.

Can you please post instructions on just how to cancel the various noises. My phone is rooted .

Red face Re: Turn off sound when phone plugged in

Push the volume button on your phone. Then tap the settings button next to the volume bar. Then turn the notifications volume bar down.

Push the volume button on your phone. Then tap the settings button next to the volume bar. Then turn the notifications volume bar down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dstruk12 View Post
    Can you please post instructions on just how to cancel the various noises. My phone is rooted .

Quote Originally Posted by dstruk12 View Post

Go to accesory under my device the option is there uncheck docking sound

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app