Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: MSL code

I was going to edit a few things and i forgot what my code was so i did the "getprop ril.MSL" deal and the different MSL getting apps and kept getting blanks/errors. Did some googleing and from my understanding i need to downgrade my ROM to get it. Not to thrilled about that. So is there no way to get my MSL on stock 4.1.2 ROM without downgrading?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-05-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Liked what I did or helped you out? A simple "thanks" would be great!
    If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)

Default Re: MSL code

How about call Sprint and ask for it? That always works for me.
    masonfactor likes this.

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

No there is no way to get your msl on 4.1.2 without downgrading. Also when you call sprint refer to it as your "6 digit code", the carriers don't like it when you use the term msl for some reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

There is a app in the playstore called getmymsl. Load it on your phone, go to the screen that you use to punch in your msl, punch in 222222, you will get wrong msl error and that is okay, run getmymsl and it should show you your msl#.

Ps I have used it both on the Sprint GS3 and Note 2 and it works.
    7cf26b0d

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by kg4icg View Post
    There is a app in the playstore called getmymsl. Load it on your phone, go to the screen that you use to punch in your msl, punch in 222222, you will get wrong msl error and that is okay, run getmymsl and it should show you your msl#.

That doesn't work on the latest update.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Tell me another lie like that, i know it works. Follow instructions i gave. Just tried it running under 4.1.2 and got my msl in under 15 seconds.
    7cf26b0d

What is the "screen where you punch in your msl"?
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

##3282# and hit edit then follow my instructions above
    7cf26b0d
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Broke down and did that. After a billion questions on why i need it, i got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
    How about call Sprint and ask for it? That always works for me.

If you want me to reply to you in a quick fashion hit the "reply with quote" or send me a message so it can be done
    Samsung Intercept(retired), HTC Hero(retired), Motorola Atrix 2(game phone"let's see what new ROM I can put on this today"), Samsung Galaxy S3(main phone), Asus Nexus 7(better than my parents iPad)
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Now i just need to figure out what things to edit.

##3282# and hit edit then follow my instructions above
    Sorry, I thought you meant someplace in the GetMyMSL app you were entering 222222. My bad.

Thanks.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Sorry, I thought you meant someplace in the GetMyMSL app you were entering 222222. My bad.

Thanks.
    Yeah goto the dialer. Punch in ##3282#, it will bring you to a menu, select edit, for msl type 222222 because it will ask you for the code and you will get a error, hit the home button to get out and run getmymsl, bottom left hit getmymsl button in the app and it will bring up the 6 digit msl.
    7cf26b0d

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Yeah goto the dialer. Punch in ##3282#, it will bring you to a menu, select edit, for msl type 222222 because it will ask you for the code and you will get a error, hit the home button to get out and run getmymsl, bottom left hit getmymsl button in the app and it will bring up the 6 digit msl.
    Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you are on 4. 1.2? Because following your instructions to a T doesn't work for me and its been said many times elsewhere here and on XDA that nothing works to get MSL unless you down grade. My version of Getmymsl is 1.3. Could you be running a custom ROM (the stock update is MD4)?

Last edited by rando991; 08-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

Yes I'm sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Galaxy S3: MSL code-uploadfromtaptalk1377193140181.jpg  
    7cf26b0d

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

I am under stock Sprint build, no rooting. Using buzz launcher on my phone nothing else.
    7cf26b0d

Worked for me u need to be rooted as far as I kbow

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Yes I'm sure.
    Um you posted this is the sprint s3 forum. The i900 is not the sprint s3's model number and the latest update for the sprint s3 is md4 of which this method does not work.

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Yes I'm sure.
    Yes you are correct, but you have the wrong phone for this forum. We all have the L710 phone. Getmymsl does not work for our phones.

Edit...oops somebody else just posted the same thing.

Global Posts
    1,561 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB

It does work for the GS3 because I've used it on that too.
    7cf26b0d

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

But only if you downgrade from the last two updates just like Gollum18 said.

Drink'n toooo much aviation fuel... He no savvy...
    Sent From The 3rd Galaxy Via Subspace

Works on Android 4.2.2. Some people just don't know how to follow instructions...c'est la vie (such is life).

ROM
    Stock/Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by adamv19 View Post
    Works on Android 4.2.2. Some people just don't know how to follow instructions...c'est la vie (such is life).
    We never mentioned 4.2.2. That would be a custom ROM. Maybe it works on that but it certainly does not work on the current stock ROM 4.1.2 (on the Sprint S3), directions or not...without downgrading.

I have a sprint samsung galaxy s3 and I was gonna get it flashed to another carrier, I bought the phone off craigs list and dnt have the account holders info. The other carrier told me to get the msl, so I called sprint and they wouldn't give it to me, I've tried every thing (mymsl, terminal emmulator) and nothing worked. I know the phone has a clean esn and all just dnt understand why I can't. Get the msl. I have the imei and meid if anyone could help.

Imei: 990003351239690

Meid: 256691486901194345

If anybody could help it will be greatly appreciated. Its running 4.3 also

it doesnt work i tried it to
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast