Galaxy S3: MSL code

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I was going to edit a few things and i forgot what my code was so i did the "getprop ril.MSL" deal and the different MSL getting apps and kept getting blanks/errors. Did some googleing and from my understanding i need to downgrade my ROM to get it. Not to thrilled about that. So is there no way to get my MSL on stock 4.1.2 ROM without downgrading?

Last edited by a moderator:

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: MSL code

No there is no way to get your msl on 4.1.2 without downgrading. Also when you call sprint refer to it as your "6 digit code", the carriers don't like it when you use the term msl for some reason.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

There is a app in the playstore called getmymsl. Load it on your phone, go to the screen that you use to punch in your msl, punch in 222222, you will get wrong msl error and that is okay, run getmymsl and it should show you your msl#.

Ps I have used it both on the Sprint GS3 and Note 2 and it works.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

There is a app in the playstore called getmymsl. Load it on your phone, go to the screen that you use to punch in your msl, punch in 222222, you will get wrong msl error and that is okay, run getmymsl and it should show you your msl#.

That doesn't work on the latest update.

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Tell me another lie like that, i know it works. Follow instructions i gave. Just tried it running under 4.1.2 and got my msl in under 15 seconds.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

What is the "screen where you punch in your msl"?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Sorry, I thought you meant someplace in the GetMyMSL app you were entering 222222. My bad.

Thanks.

Yeah goto the dialer. Punch in ##3282#, it will bring you to a menu, select edit, for msl type 222222 because it will ask you for the code and you will get a error, hit the home button to get out and run getmymsl, bottom left hit getmymsl button in the app and it will bring up the 6 digit msl.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Yeah goto the dialer. Punch in ##3282#, it will bring you to a menu, select edit, for msl type 222222 because it will ask you for the code and you will get a error, hit the home button to get out and run getmymsl, bottom left hit getmymsl button in the app and it will bring up the 6 digit msl.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you are on 4. 1.2? Because following your instructions to a T doesn't work for me and its been said many times elsewhere here and on XDA that nothing works to get MSL unless you down grade. My version of Getmymsl is 1.3. Could you be running a custom ROM (the stock update is MD4)?

Last edited:

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Yes I'm sure.

Yes you are correct, but you have the wrong phone for this forum. We all have the L710 phone. Getmymsl does not work for our phones.

Edit...oops somebody else just posted the same thing.