1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Wireless Chargeing

Do they make wireless chargeing for the S3?
    For the sake of protecting you, my precious person, I shall turn into the Chronicle Key.

Default Re: Wireless Chargeing

Yup, pretty cheap too. Search amazon or ebay for wireless charger for the S3. The coil you put under the backplate is like $14, and the mats are QI universal standard. So you can find some really cool wireless charging mats if you search around.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Cool....thanks. No Samsung made ones?
    For the sake of protecting you, my precious person, I shall turn into the Chronicle Key.

I use a Duracell one that works really good so far, Duracell powermat

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Quote Originally Posted by Malkozaine View Post
    Cool....thanks. No Samsung made ones?
    Nope.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

ROM
    MOAR 9

I got this one for my daughter, you can buy all the parts off of Amazon for almost the same price.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David

I use the Energizer Inductive Charger for the mat which I paid about $80ish at the time, which I will put a link to, and I bought a back cover with the coils in it on the link I will post. I bought the back cover for $30 a while back and its on sale now.
    The back cover

The mat

The only thing is, you guys are buying a new backplate for the ones listed above. For more than twice the price of just the induction coil, which slips nicely under the original Samsung backplate. And most of the replacement ones are really crappy chinese plastic.

Here, get one of these, and something like this. And the charging pad is really small, if you're feeling inventive there a ton of possibilities to making your own wireless charging cradle/windshield mount etc..... See it in my hand .

Oh and i almost forgot, pretty much all of those replacement backplates don't have NFC, so you'll lose that.

ROM
    MOAR 9

Quote Originally Posted by Weazrbmxr View Post
    The only thing is, you guys are buying a new backplate for the ones listed above. For more than twice the price of just the induction coil, which slips nicely under the original Samsung backplate. And most of the replacement ones are really crappy chinese plastic.

Here, get one of these, and something like this. And the charging pad is really small, if you're feeling inventive there a ton of possibilities to making your own wireless charging cradle/windshield mount etc..... See it in my hand .

Oh and i almost forgot, pretty much all of those replacement backplates don't have NFC, so you'll lose that.
    Pretty sure NFC is in the battery, not the backplate. I put a case on the phone so I never see the backplate anyway, but have no problem building my own, thanks for the links, but that is still more money than buying the setup off of eBay.
    Galaxy S3 running MOAR Official v9.0. 50+ Mods Morphology 3.9.14

David

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave426 View Post
    Pretty sure NFC is in the battery, not the backplate. I put a case on the phone so I never see the backplate anyway, but have no problem building my own, thanks for the links, but that is still more money than buying the setup off of eBay.
    U are right. The gnex nfc was in the backplate so is it on my lg escape. The s3 is a different story.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Weazrbmxr View Post

I'm happy with mine because I can charge multiple devices on my pad and the back cover I got is just a piece of plastic with the coils built into it and I have a case on my phone so it doesn't show (also it's a piece of plastic, whether it is crappy Chinese plastic or it is top of the line plastic, it does not matter what kind of plastic it is). Also NFC is perfectly fine with the back cover I bought and the case I have on it. I could have made my own but I don't have time to fix it if it breaks or something. (Easier to buy new).